Low Carb Keto Meatballs that are tender, flavorful, and use minimal ingredients. You are going to love how quickly these keto meatballs pull together.
You can make these low carb meatballs in an oven or a slow cooker! Just make sure to save room for dessert. My Low Carb Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies make the perfect dessert.
We adapted the recipe for these Low Carb Meatballs from this Gluten-Free Meatball Recipe on our other site.
With only a few tweaks, we were able to not only ensure it was still gluten-free but now these keto meatballs can be enjoyed by anyone on a low carb diet.
We have a couple of options for making these Low Carb Keto Meatballs so be sure to check them out and make which one works best for your lifestyle.
I am working on a Keto Marinara Sauce. When I get it finished I'll update this post but until then Keto Pizza Sauce goes really well with these meatballs.
What meat do you use to make keto meatballs?
For this low carb meatball recipe you can use beef, chicken, or turkey. They all work beautifully and if you'd like you can use a combination of meats.
The key is in the fat content of the meat you are using. Chicken and turkey tend to be leaner, so you’ll want to use a 93% – 98% lean beef to make these keto meatballs.
Dairy Free Keto Meatballs
If you can’t have dairy you can always leave the Parmesan out or substitute in your favorite dairy-free cheese.
The Parmesan adds to the flavor and texture but these low carb meatballs will still be tender and flavorful without it.
Ingredients to Make Low Carb Meatballs
- Ground beef (or ground pork, or groud chicken, or ground turkey, or a combination)
- Almond meal (or additional Parmesan Cheese)
- Parmesan cheese
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Low carb sauce of choice
For a list of quantities, please see the recipe card below.
How to make Low Carb Meatballs
You guys are going to think I’m ridiculous, but it only take five easy steps to make gluten-free meatballs.
- Preheat your oven and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
Yeah, it’s that easy. And it’s less expensive than buying the same amount of low carb meatballs at the store. Please do yourself a favor and give this low carb keto meatball recipe a try next time you are craving them.
Low Carb Meatballs in a Slow Cooker
We love serving easy low carb meatballs at parties and BBQ’s. Sometimes we toss them in a slow cooker and let them cook in our favorite sauce – one jar of a keto friendly marinara sauce + one jar of salsa.
Here’s what you need to do to cook keto meatballs in a slow cooker.
Pour 28-32 oz of your favorite keto friendly tomato based meatball sauce (or 1 jar of keto friendly marinara sauce + 14 oz. of your favorite salsa) into a slow cooker.
Tuck each meatball into the sauce, making sure that they are submerged. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Not all slow cookers are created equal, so please check to make sure that the internal temperature for the meatballs is at least 160F, or that you can’t see any pink.
You can keep these low carb meatballs warm on the warm setting, just make sure to give them a stir before you serve them.
Our Favorite Kitchen Tools:
What's your favorite kitchen tool? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Did you make these low carb meatballs? Please leave a starred rating AND a comment below letting me know what sauce you enjoyed them with.
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef (or pork, chicken, or turkey)
- ½ cup almond meal (or omit the almond meal and add an additional ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese)
- ¼ grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape meatball mixture into 24 (1 ½-inch) meatballs. Place meatballs 1 inch apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for 18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Serve warm with your favorite keto friendly sauce.
- Slow Cooker Option: Pour 28-32 oz of your favorite keto friendly tomato based meatball sauce (or 1 jar of keto friendly marinara sauce + 14 oz. of your favorite salsa) into a slow cooker. Tuck each meatball into the sauce, making sure that they are submerged. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Dairy-Free Option: If you can't have dairy you can always leave the Parmesan out or substitute in your favorite dairy-free cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 3 meatballs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
These macro's include using almond flour but do not include the keto friendly marinara sauce. Please check your ingredients nutritional information for an actual count.