Meet Tim and Chrystal – the creators of Four Score Living – We are the the recipe developers, photographers, and writers behind fourscoreliving.com.
Over the past 10 years we have lived by the 80/20 rule – which is where the name Four Score Living comes from. We like to eat low carb and slow carb 80% of the time, and enjoy a sweet treat, a paleo friendly cookie, or a slow carb side dish the remaining 20% of the time. We believe that having a variety of healthy delicious meals and allowing ourselves the occasional treat is what helps us live and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
No one should have to go without their favorite foods forever. Limiting yourself is hard and it often sets one up for failure. The best thing to do is to embrace the 80/20 living and live your best life without giving up every food you love.
Chrystal comes from a family with a history of cooking and baking, and she’s been an avid baker since she was little. She started developing gluten-free, paleo, and low carb recipes in 2009 when she and both her daughters tested positive for Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance.
Chrystal feels best on a low carb diet with a mix of slow carb recipes (her 20% + the occasional sugary gluten-free treat).
Tim is an engineer by trade and he’s been cooking the family dinners since he and Chrystal met in college. Tim doesn’t care for overly complicated recipes or recipes that call for ingredients that are hard to procure. He’s always looking for ways to improve recipes.
Tim does his best with he eats low carb with intermittent fasting (his 20% is spent on the occasional gluten-free dessert or soda).
Our girls are still growing so we feed them mostly Slow Carb and Paleo foods (with the occasional sugar treat).
We started Four Score Living in 2019 so we could share low carb keto, and slow carb recipes, showing people how easy baking and cooking can be. We also share transition plans, lifestyle tips and resources, and grocery market cheat-sheets so you can grab something fast, low carb, and healthy when you are in a bind for time and can’t spend time in the kitchen.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND AT FOUR SCORE LIVING
- Simple to make low carb keto recipes and slow carb recipes that everyone will love. We don’t use weird ingredients or complicated steps. We believe in enjoying real, well-rounded meals that are easy/quick to make. As much as we love salami and pepperoni, we don’t believe they should be consumed as a meal every single day. Let’s make some real food together!
- Tested recipes that have been carefully crafted using gluten-free, low carb, keto, and slow carb ingredients. We test all recipes several times for repeatability (meaning that you can make them too) and with different ingredients for substitutions.
- Transition plans for those ready to transition off the keto diet. Many people have a hard time transitioning off of a low carb or keto diet. We hope to help anyone transitioning be successful so they can maintain their results while enjoying the foods they eat.
- Grocery shopping cheat-sheets that help you find low carb keto and slow carb foods that are ready to consume or take minimal prep and cooking – to support a busy lifestyle.
Welcome to the Four Score Living family! We hope you find the foods that you love and that you feel good about how you are living your best life.