This Pineapple Salad is summertime in a bowl! It's bright and sweet and deliciously tart. It's simple to make and it has everything it needs to become a family favorite at your next BBQ.
WHY YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THIS PINEAPPLE SALAD RECIPE
- So Refreshing - Fresh pineapple evokes thoughts of being on a tropical beach, with the warm sun and cool breeze on your face. Now add fresh cilantro, spicy red onion, juicy strawberries, and crunchy cucumbers and you're ready to jet off to an island.
- Quick and Simple to Make - This Pineapple Salad is as easy as chopping up your ingredients, mixing the dressing, and combining the two.
- Great Combinations of Flavors - Each ingredient has been carefully chosen to create balance in this dish. There is sweetness coming from the pineapple and strawberries, sour from the lime juice, heat from the red onion, and salt, well, from the salt.
- Perfect Side Dish - Pair this with our Salmon Bites for a light and fresh lunch.
KEY INGREDIENTS IN PINEAPPLE SALAD
FOR THE DRESSING
Olive Oil - Olive oil is our oil of choice for this recipe. Avocado oil is also a great neutral oil that can be used here.
Honey - Honey tastes great paired with fresh fruit. Maple syrup or agave would also work well here.
Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar not only tastes great, but it's great for you to due to its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
Lime Juice - Lime juice adds the perfect tartness that only citrus can offer.
Salt - Salt helps to elevate all the flavors of the dish.
FOR THE SALAD
Fresh Pineapple - Fresh pineapple is best here. Make sure to chop the pineapple into nice bitesize pieces so you get a bit of everything in each bite.
Cucumber - Cucumber is a great neutral but refreshing element to this dish. It doesn't compete, it assists all the other flavors so they stand out.
Strawberries - Fresh strawberries bring great flavor, and beautiful vibrant color to this recipe.
Red Onion - Make sure your onion is sliced thin as raw onion has a strong, spicy flavor.
Cilantro - Cilantro is a wonderful herb that tastes great with sweet fruit salads.
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE SALAD
For the dressing, add olive oil, honey, vinegar, lime juice and salt to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Add pineapple, cucumber, strawberries, red onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over the pineapple salad and toss until well coated.
Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
BEST TIPS FOR PINEAPPLE SALAD
When looking for a ripe pineapple at the grocery store, squeeze the shell. You are looking for the shell that gives slightly, which shows that it's softer inside.
You can also smell the bottom of the pineapple and it should smell sweet, like a pineapple. If it is overly ripe, you will be able to smell it.
This recipe takes only 15 minutes to make, but make sure you allow it to chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. This will allow the dressing to properly soak the fruit.
Make extra of the dressing and save it in the refrigerator to top your salads throughout the week.
Store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will continue to soak the longer it sits.
This recipe can be double (or tripled) for larger gatherings.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH FRESH FRUIT
Recipes with fresh fruit are so bright and tasty, so we've gathered together some of our favorites. We also love this Halloween fruit salad (hint, you can make it any time of the year).
Try to use fruit that is in season for the best flavor.
We hope you give them a try.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
For The Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Salad
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the dressing, add olive oil, honey, vinegar, lime juice and salt to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add pineapple, cucumber, strawberries, red onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the pineapple salad and toss until well coated.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Serve cold.
- It's best to use fresh ingredients when making pineapple salad.
- Substitutions: You can swap the honey out for agave, if you like. If you don't have apple cider vinegar you can use white vinegar in its place.
- Chill: This recipe takes only 15 minutes to make, but make sure you allow it to chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. This will allow the dressing to properly soak the fruit.
- Storage: Store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will continue to soak the longer it sits.
- Make More: This recipe can be double (or tripled) for larger gatherings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.