Quench your thirst with a cold glass of fresh keto lemonade
This low carb lemonade alternative is simple to make and can be adjusted for those who prefer a tart keto lemonade recipe vs. a sweeter low carb lemonade.
For more recipe ideas visit my Keto Recipes section.
If you like making your own keto beverages at home you'll want to make this Keto Hot Chocolate. It has the perfect balance of sweetness to rich cocoa flavors.
There isn't anything more refreshing to me on a hot day than a nice cold glass of fresh Keto Lemonade.
It's just as refreshing on a cold day too if you're warm blooded enough.
Keto Lemonade is an excellent alternative to sugary drinks as the low carb sweetener allows you to satisfy that sweet tooth without the insulin spike of a high carb drink.
All lemonade is not created equal, in order to balance the sour of lemon a lot of sugar gets added.
When you buy lemonade at the store you're letting someone else decide how much sugar and how many carbs are in it.
Making it at home is easier than you might think and allows you to use low carb sweetener. You can also control how sour it is by varying the ratio of water to lemon juice.
Lemon juice is a natural source of electrolytes including calcium, potassium, magnesium and traces of sodium.
Depending on how the juice is extracted it can also be a source of fiber. Citrus fruits, including lemons, are a well-known source of vitamin C - which makes Keto Lemonade not only a delicious beverage but a good source of vitamins.
For an extra dose of electrolytes, you can add your favorite sea salt to taste.
Drinking warm water with lemon juice is used by many people as a digestive aid.
The mechanism behind this use can be debated, but encouraging more water intake is probably a good thing for most of us.
How to make Keto Lemonade
- Measure your ingredients.
- Add water and sugar-free sweetener to a medium size pot. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar-free sweetener is dissolved.
- Remove from the stove and add the lemon juice. Stir until combined. Add additional sugar-free sweetener if desired, for taste.
- Cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator. Serve over ice and enjoy.
For the complete list of instructions and quantities, see the keto lemonade recipe below.
Making things at home will often end up being cheaper than buying them at the store.
This is one case where you have to be careful with your choices at the store if you are watching the bottom line financially.
Making keto lemonade at home is less expensive, and you know what's going into it.
Recently when buying lemons to make this low carb lemonade, the grocery store had two sizes at two different prices.
The large lemons were approximately twice the size but almost three times the price.
Depending on how strong you like your lemonade it can make a difference when you are buying a dozen or more lemons at a time.
Be aware that meyer lemons are naturally sweeter which means more carbs from the sugar.
What type of juicer you use to make this low carb lemonade recipe will greatly effect pulp content and the amount of juice you get from your lemons.
Reamers are a popular option, but I prefer less pulp and this style always produced a lot of pulp for me.
We use a simple hand operated hinged squeezer. A good firm squeeze gets a lot of juice and seems to pick up more of the lemon essence from the peel.
Tips for Making Keto Lemonade
Use fresh lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice has a different acidity level and it can add a funny taste.
You can use your sugar-free sweetener of choice. We used Swerve in this keto lemonade recipe.
Make sure the cut-side of your lemon faces the holes in the squeezer, otherwise you will make a mess as the juice tries to escape the squeezer from the wrong side.
If you're going to make a big batch of keto lemonade table I recommend using a top squeezer, like you see in bars. Electric juicers are also good options.
Bonus – Peel some of the lemons before juicing and use the peels to make your own keto limoncello using the same low carb sweetener.
Just throw the used peels in with vodka of your choice and let soak for a week before adding syrup made with the low carb sweetener.
Products We Keep Stocked:
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make this keto lemonade recipe? Please leave a comment below and let us know what you thought.
- 7 cups filtered water
- ⅔ cup sweetener (we like Lakanto and Swerve)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 medium lemon's worth)
- Bring water and swerve to a boil in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Boil and stir until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add fresh lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Let it sit until it reaches room temperature, then place keto lemonade in 2 glass quart-size jars, or a glass pitcher.
- Chill and enjoy cold.
- Use fresh lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice has a different acidity level and it can add a funny taste.
- You can use your sugar-free sweetener of choice. We used Swerve in this keto lemonade recipe.
- Make sure the cut-side of your lemon faces the holes in the squeezer, otherwise you will make a mess as the juice tries to escape the squeezer from the wrong side.
- If you're going to make a big batch of keto lemonade table I recommend using a top squeezer, like you see in bars. Electric juicers are also good options.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.