Green Tea Shots (also known as "Jameson Green Tea Shots") are the perfect balance of sweet, sour, and a little fruity. With just a few ingredients, you can create the perfect summertime drink in no time that's a guaranteed party favorite.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS GREEN TEA SHOT RECIPE
- What is a Green Tea Shot? A Greentea shot is a delicious sweet yet tart shooter that gets it's name from it's green coloring. In actuality, it does not contain any green tea. This shot was first invented by the Jameson Whisky Company and has gained popularity ever since.
- Great for Parties - This is the simplest shot to prepare when hosting a party because of how incredibly easy they are to make! With just 3 ingredients (the fourth ingredient being optional), these shots come together in seconds. And if you do find yourself hosting a party, give this 4 Ingredient Guacamole recipe a try!
- Perfectly Balanced - Sweet, sour, and fruity - what else would you want in a shot? They taste delicious and go down smoothly.
- What's in a Green Tea Shot? - Green Tea Shot ingredients include Irish Whisky, Peach Schnapps, and Sweet and Sour Mix. This combination creates a refreshing fruity-yet-tart taste that is good enough to be enjoyed over ice as a cocktail. It's got summer written all over it.
- The Best Party Drink - Be the life of the party and show up with ingredients to make Green Tea Shots and White Tea Shots, and have a "Tea Shots" party!
KEY INGREDIENTS TO MAKE GREEN TEA SHOTS
Irish Whiskey - Feel free to use whatever brand of whiskey you prefer, though it is traditionally Jameson whiskey that is used.
Peach Schnapps - Peach Schnapps adds that delicious fruity flavor to the shot that makes this shot a crowd-pleaser.
Sweet and Sour Mix - The sweet and sour flavors of the Sweet and Sour mix help to balance out all the other ingredients.
Lemon-Lime Soda or Soda Water (optional) - This is optional but adds a yummy twist to this shot.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN TEA SHOTS
Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
To the cocktail shaker add in the whiskey, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour.
Shake the cocktail shaker for 10-20 seconds.
Strain into a 2 oz shot glass ¾ of the way and fill the rest with a splash of lemon-lime soda (optional).
BEST TIPS FOR GREEN TEA SHOTS
You can use any type of whiskey that you like, except cinnamon whiskey.
You can substitute the sweet and sour mix with fresh lemon juice, for a tangy twist.
The splash of lemon-lime soda or soda water at the end is optional, but we feel it adds to the overall drink experience.
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can easily use a mason jar with a lid to mix these yummy drinks.
MORE DELICIOUS DRINK RECIPES
Looking for more yummy drink recipes? We've gathered together our favorite boozy (and non-boozy) drinks for you!
We hope you give them a try.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we did! Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- ½ ounce Irish Whiskey, such as Jameson (or any whiskey of choice)
- ½ ounce Peach Schnapps
- ½ ounce Sweet and Sour mix
- optional: a splash of lemon-lime soda or soda water
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- To the cocktail shaker add in the whiskey, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour.
- Shake the cocktail shaker for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain into a 2 oz shot glass ¾ of the way and fill the rest with a splash of lemon-lime soda (optional).
- You can use any type of whiskey that you like, except cinnamon whiskey.
- You can substitute the sweet and sour mix with fresh lemon juice, for a tangy twist.
- The splash of lemon-lime soda or soda water at the end is optional, but we feel it adds to the overall drink experience.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can easily use a mason jar with a lid to mix these yummy drinks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.