If you love mushrooms, you have to try this recipe for Keto Stuffed Mushrooms.
They're packed with the delicious flavors of bacon, garlic, and cheese and will be a sure crowd pleaser.
Love finger foods? Try these keto mozzarella sticks next.
KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE
Low carb stuffed mushrooms make an excellent keto appetizer or a snack to bring to a party.
Skip the recipes that include breadcrumbs, and instead stuff your mushrooms with flavorful ingredients like bacon, cream cheese, and herbs.
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to make and cook up quickly in the oven. You'll want to make these all the time once you learn how.
INGREDIENTS IN KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Baby Bella Mushrooms - These darker mushrooms have so much flavor. Choose mushrooms that are medium sized, about 2 inches wide.
Bacon - Cooked and crumbled bacon adds bulk, flavor, and protein to these mushrooms.
Garlic - Minced garlic gives the filling a warm, savory flavor.
Cream Cheese - Choose a full fat cream cheese, and check labels to be sure that there are no net carbs. Some brands have some, and you'll want to avoid that.
Parmesan Cheese - Grate your cheese fresh for the best flavor.
Dried Rosemary - This herb is my favorite for making a recipe feel a bit fancier.
Black Pepper - Finish off the seasoning of the filling with fresh cracked black pepper.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- In a bowl, add bacon, garlic, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, rosemary and pepper.
- Stir to combine fully.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, and place mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Stuff each mushroom cap generously with the cream cheese mixture.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
KETO STUFFED MUSHROOM TIPS
- Choose mushrooms that are the right size for stuffing. Having them a bit bigger makes them easier to fill. I like my mushrooms to be about 1.5 - 2 inches across.
- To remove the stems, just pull gently while twisting. They should pop right out.
- Save those stems for later. You can freeze them to add to your next broth making session, or chop them up finely and sauté to add to another dish.
- Fill your mushrooms tall. Use a small spoon to really fill up the cavity of the mushroom and add extra filling on top.
- You can make the keto mushroom filling ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for up to two days. Pull it out and fill your mushrooms when you're ready to cook them.
KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS VARIATIONS
This recipe is a great starting point for making all types of delicious low carb stuffed mushrooms.
Try substituting cooked pork sausage or smoked sausage for the bacon, or use two types of meats for extra flavor.
Swapping out a bit of the cream cheese for some mozzarella cheese will make for a different texture, but still very cheesy filling.
I'd love to hear what you come up with. Keep in mind that the recipe below works perfectly for the ingredients that I use.
HOW TO STORE KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Cooked keto stuffed mushrooms will stay fresh for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Just make sure to store them in a sealed container.
CAN I MAKE KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS AHEAD OF TIME
Yes, you have two make ahead options: First, you can stuff them the day before and bake them the day of. You could also bake them and reheat them when you are ready to serve them.
We think their best fresh baked, so we recommend stuffing them in advance of baking.
HOW TO REHEAT KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS
If you somehow find yourself with any leftovers of this recipe, you can reheat them later by putting them on a baking sheet and re-heating in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350F.
You could re-heat your mushrooms in an air fryer for a few minutes at 350F as well.
CAN YOU FREEZE KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS
The texture of mushrooms changes when frozen, but because these keto stuffed mushrooms are pre-cooked, they tend to freezer well.
Defrost them in the fridge or at room temperature before reheating.
MORE KETO APPETIZER RECIPES
I love to make a meal of mixed keto appetizers. I also love to bring appetizers when I go to gatherings or parties so that I know that there will be keto friendly apps for me to enjoy.
Keto Deviled Eggs are another handheld, stuffed appetizer that you will love.
You can add these low carb stuffed mushrooms to a Keto Charcuterie Board for a crowd pleasing appetizer spread too.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Marry Me Chicken - This marry me chicken is super flavorful and the perfect protein to serve with keto stuffed mushrooms. Together, they are like a fancy dinner out, but better.
Keto Pork Chops - We love serving pork chops with mushrooms and these keto stuffed mushrooms are the perfect side for pork chops.
What would you serve these keto mushrooms with? Let us know in the comments below.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we did! Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make these Keto Stuffed Mushrooms? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, discard or save for another use.
- Place mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine bacon, garlic, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, rosemary and pepper.
- Stuff each mushroom cap generously with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and filling starts to brown on top.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese, optional.
- Filling mixture can be premade and refrigerated for up to two days prior to assembling mushrooms.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-5 mushrooms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 743mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.