You're going to love this recipe for Keto friendly crackers.
They can be served with cheese and meats, used for dipping, or enjoyed all on their own for a satisfying, crunchy snack.
KETO CRACKERS RECIPE
Trying to find a cracker that fits your keto diet can be tricky, but if you learn to make your own you'll be so thrilled with the results.
This keto cracker recipe is easy, and the finished crackers stay fresh up to a month, so consider doubling the recipe to have these on hand whenever the snack craving strikes.
To make these crackers we'll use almond flour, seeds, and delicious seasonings to create the perfect, crunchy, savory snack.
INGREDIENTS IN KETO CRACKERS
Fine Ground Almond Flour- Use your favorite brand, but be sure it is a fine grind.
Sesame Seeds - Seeds add texture, flavor, and good fats to this recipe. I like to use a mix of black and white sesame seeds in my keto crackers but you can leave them out of you like.
Butter - Soften your butter to room temperature before mixing your cracker dough.
Egg - An egg keeps everything together and aids in browning.
Fresh Thyme - I love the flavor that fresh thyme gives to these crackers. It's fresh and savory and just delicious. Feel free to mix up the herbs and spices for different flavors.
Salt - In my opinion, crackers should be salty. A coarse ground salt is really beautiful in these, but whatever type of salt you have will work.
Pepper - Black pepper, also freshly ground if you have it, is a balancing addition to the other flavors here.
You can also add some keto taco seasoning or Greek seasoning, to switch up the flavors.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CRACKERS
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, butter, egg, thyme, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until combined. Form a dough ball.
- Transfer the dough ball to a flat surface on a silicone mat or piece of parchment paper. Cover with parchment paper and flatten the dough using a rolling pin.
- Cut the rolled dough into two inch squares.
- Transfer the parchment paper or mat to a baking sheet and bake as directed until golden brown.
- Allow the crackers to cool before serving.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE KETO CRACKERS
Keto crackers will stay fresh for up to one month if kept in an air tight container. I sometimes double the recipe so that I can enjoy them for a couple of weeks.
VARIATIONS ON HOMEMADE KETO CRACKERS
I've developed this recipe with flavors that I love and that work really well, but the dough itself could definitely lend itself to some creative variations.
I'd love to hear from you if you've used this recipe with other add ins, or even replaced the herbs with something else.
I think that other seeds or spices work well here. I might also try adding spices such as smoked paprika or Italian seasoning for a different flavored keto cracker.
ALMOND FLOUR KETO CRACKERS
This keto crackers recipe calls for fine ground almond flour. It's important to use a find grind so that your crackers turn out crispy and light.
Here are some other tips for working with almond flour:
- You'll generally want to store your almond flour in the fridge or freezer to keep it fresh.
- Enjoy these keto crackers right away. Almond flour can go bad, which means your crackers can go bad.
- It's best to store these crackers in an airtight container. They will stay good at room temperature for up to a month if stored in the right conditions.
- Don't freeze the dough. It will dry it out.
- Make sure your almond flour is fresh, and not expired.
- Let the crackers cool completely before transferring them.
- Have fun adding different seasonings to switch up the flavor.
If you have any questions about these keto crackers, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to get back to you.
Store Bought Keto Crackers
While making keto crackers is easy, and less expensive than store bought keto crackers, we understand that sometimes you want a grab and go cracker. Here are a few store brands that we like.
Inno Foods Keto Crackers
High Key Almond Flour Crackers
Flackers Flaxseed Crackers
Julian Bakery Keto Crackers
Keto Naturals Almond Flour Crackers
OTHER KETO SNACK RECIPES TO MAKE
You can serve these crackers with a Keto Charcuterie Board that I teach you how to put together.
Maybe you're actually craving a sweeter keto snack right now? Try these Keto Cookie Dough bites.
Keto Berry Smoothie - Packed with protein and antioxidants, this Keto Berry Smoothie is the perfect low carb breakfast or afternoon snack.
Keto Avocado Smoothie - This keto smoothie is made with only four ingredients and has the perfect combination of healthy fats and protein to keep you satisfied and energized.
Keto Deviled Eggs - Keto deviled eggs are the perfect keto appetizer or keto party snack. This high protein, easy-to-make finger food is perfect for any special occasion, BBQ, or potluck.
Keto Cheese Chips - Only 2 ingredients, simple to make, and perfect for dipping. These are a great alternative snacks for those on keto.
Keto Tortilla Chips - We love enjoying a mix of keto crackers and keto tortilla chips. They both work great with dips.
When eating a keto diet or low carb diet, one of the questions often asked are around keto snacks. People want to know what are the best keto snacks that will keep them full.
While some people like to keep snacking to a minimum, others like to have a keto snacks on hand, to grab for when hunger strikes. We have an entire post dedicated to keto snacks, you might like.
Did you make this Keto Cracker Recipe? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1 ½ cups fine ground almond flour
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds (black & white mixed)
- 2 tablespoon butter (room temperature, softened but not melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, butter, egg, thyme, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Form a dough ball.
- Transfer the dough ball to a flat surface on an oven-safe silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper.
- Cover with parchment paper and using rolling pin, flatten the dough to ⅛ to ¼ inch thickness; remove the parchment paper.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut into two-inch squares. Transfer the parchment paper or silicone mat to a baking sheet and bake for about 13-15 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Allow the crackers to cool before serving. Store in an air-tight container for up to a month.
- Sprinkle a bit of coarse salt on top of the crackers before baking if you'd like a little extra salt.
- Double this recipe to make extra crackers.
- Store crackers in an air-tight container for up to one month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ¼ cup crackers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.