Easy to make Keto Cookie Dough! These keto chocolate chip cookie dough bites are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free. They are smooth, creamy, and add just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy any craving without loading up on carbs.
For more keto desserts check out my Keto Recipes.
Low Carb Cookie Dough
If you love cookie dough you’re going to love this easy-to-make keto cookie dough recipe. It’s my favorite sugar-free cookie dough and it’s healthy for you. I’ve got a mad sweet tooth and one of these tasty low carb cookie dough balls always helps satisfy my urge for sweets.
Almond flour plays the biggest role in this keto cookie dough recipe and helps keep this cookie dough low carb. I haven’t tested this recipe with coconut flour. For a great coconut flour version check out the Coconut Flour Cookie Dough from Beaming Baker.
Almond flour is higher in carbs than some other grain-free flour alternatives but it’s also higher in fat and protien making it a better option that most. The carbs in this healthy chocolate chip cookie dough come from the almond flour.
Working with almond flour can be tricky if you’re not used to it. Remember when measuring almond flour to spoon your flour into your measuring cup, then level it. Do not dip your measuring cup into the flour then level, it will be too much almond flour.
Almond flour looses moisture in the freezer but absorbs moisture from the air when it defrosts. If you add it to your keto cookie dough recipe too soon, it’ll suck the wet ingredients right up. If you store almond flour in the freezer you’ll want to bring it to room temperature before you use it.
You don’t have to add the sugar-free chocolate chips (or chunks) to this keto cookie dough recipe, but they really do bring this low carb cookie dough to the next level. You can add chopped nuts, or your favorite add-ins.
What Chocolate is Low Carb?
- Lily’s makes a low carb keto chocolate chip
- Explorado Market – Keto Chocolate Chips
- Lakanto Sugar Free Chocolate Bars
- 90% dark chocolate, chopped
- Any sugar free chocolate sweetened with Stevia and/or Erythritol (both sweeteners are a zero carb sugar sweetener) work in this keto cookie dough recipe
While the net carbs on this low carb cookie dough may look incorrect, they are correct. Net carbs are calculated by removing the fiber grams and grams of sugar alcohols. Fiber and sugar alcohols don’t raise your insulin, or blood glucose levels so you can subtract them from the total carb amount, giving you the net carbs.
See the bottom of the keto cookie dough recipe card below for the estimated net carbs. Please note that the carbs in this low carb cookie dough recipe may vary depending on the exact brand and ingredients you use.
What ingredients are in Keto Cookie Dough
Keto cookie dough is really simple to make, and since it’s egg-free, you can enjoy it right away. There are only 5 ingredients in this low carb cookie dough recipe.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free dairy-free milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (or sugar free syrup of choice)
- 2 cups find ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips
How to make keto cookie dough
- Add the coconut oil to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add dairy-free milk.
- Add sugar-free maple syrup (we use Lakanto) or sugar-free syrup of choice.
- Stir in the almond flour, just until ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the sugar-free chocolate chips and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once chilled, roll dough into teaspoon size balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
It’s really simple to make this cookie dough recipe and I love that it’s high in healthy fats and low in carbs. You can’t go wrong with a good sugar-free cookie dough recipe and I think these low carb cookie dough bites are perfect for anyone looking for a quick sweet treat.
Looking for more no-bake recipes? You will want to make this Keto Fudge Recipe.
Did you make this keto cookie dough recipe? Please leave a starred rating and a comment below letting me know what you thought of this low carb cookie dough!
Nutrition Information: Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie dough bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 5mg Carbohydrates: 4.2g Net Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: .5g Sugar Alcohols: .4g Protein: 3g