This deliciously spiced and velvety smooth Biscoff cheesecake is perfect for beginner bakers and homemade dessert makers.
It’s a no-bake recipe that is easy to whip up and made with a handful of simple, uniquely flavored ingredients.
Lotus Biscoff cheesecake is a perfect egg-free dessert for special occasions and will be a hit with adults, kids, and all the Biscoff lovers out there.
This creamy Biscoff cheesecake recipe is the only one you’ll ever need.
If you would like to try another unique and indulgent dessert option, try our Italian Hangover Cake.
Why you’ll love this Biscoff Cheesecake Recipe
It’s an easy no-bake recipe: This recipe is a breeze for any level of baker. There is no need for an oven, and it's a hassle-free dessert that doesn't require any baking skills.
Silky smooth filling: The creamy cheesecake filling is ultra-silky and indulgent. The softened cream cheese and Biscoff spread combine to create a luxurious, velvety texture.
Irresistible cookie crust: The flavor of the Biscoff is lightly spiced with a touch of caramel.
Minimal ingredients: You won't need a long list of ingredients for this recipe. It's an efficient and cost-effective way to create a show-stopping dessert that everyone will love.
Egg-free: Pop this on your list of favorite egg-free desserts.
Make-ahead friendly: This dessert is ideal for preparing in advance. You can make it the day before.
Nostalgic Biscoff feeling: If you're a fan of Biscoff cookies, this cheesecake recipe allows you to enjoy their flavor in a whole new way. It's a dessert that's sure to bring back fond memories of enjoying these cookies.
Versatile presentation: You can get creative with decorations, adding extra Biscoff spread swirls, cookie crumbs, or whipped cream for a visually stunning display.
What is Biscoff?
Biscoff, short for Biscoff Cookies or Biscoff Speculoos Cookies, is a specific type of spiced cookie with a rich history and a unique flavor profile.
Biscoff cookies originated in Belgium, where they were developed at a local bakery in a town called Lembeke in 1932.
Biscoff cookies are a type of "Speculoos" cookie. Traditional Speculoos cookies can be traced back to the 17th century when they were baked for special occasions and holidays.
The word "Speculoos" likely originates in the Latin word "speculum," which means mirror. This term may have been chosen because these cookies were often used to create molds and decorations.
Biscoff cookies have a distinctive flavor that combines sweetness with warm spices. The essential spices often used include cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
The cookies are known for their crisp, slightly crumbly texture.
The partnership between Delta Airlines and Biscoff cookies made them a sought-after snack even beyond air travel.
Ingredients in our Lotus Cheesecake
Biscoff biscuit base:
- Biscoff cookies: You can also use any type of Speculoos cookies to make the fine crumbs.
- Unsalted butter: The melted butter binds the cookie crumbs together, creating a well formed and delicious crust.
- Heavy whipping cream: Cold whipping cream whips up better, adding a light, airy texture to the cheesecake. We recommend chilling it well before whipping. For an even more efficient method to make whipped cream, chill your stainless steel mixing bowl as well.
- Full fat cream cheese: Room temperature cream cheese blends smoothly with other ingredients and prevents lumps in your cheesecake filling. Take it out of the fridge 30 minutes to one hour in advance to let it soften.
- Biscoff spread: This star ingredient infuses the delicious cheesecake with that distinct Biscoff flavor.
- Powdered sugar: This is used to sweeten the cheesecake while allowing for a smooth and velvety texture.
- Vanilla extract: We recommend a good-quality pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
If you have any questions about this easy no bake cheesecake recipe, please leave a comment below and we will get back to you.
How to make No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake
Here is how to make this delicious Lotus Biscoff cheesecake
Make the crust. Place the Biscoff cookies and melted butter in a food processor and pulse until it resembles the consistency of wet sand.
Fill the pan. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of a springform pan using the bottom of a glass, a rubber spatula, or your hands.
Chill the crust in the pan. Place the crust in the refrigerator or freezer while you prepare the filling.
Cheesecake Lotus filling
While the crust sets, make the cheesecake filling.
Prepare the filling. Place the cold cream into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip it to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
Add in the Biscoff spread, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat it until well combined. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until just combined.
Fill and refrigerate. Transfer the cheesecake batter to the chilled crust. Smooth the filling evenly over the crust. Cover it and refrigerate it overnight. The minimum required time to chill this no bake cheesecake is 4-6 hours, but for a well-set cheesecake filling be sure to chill this Biscoff cake overnight.
Serve. When your decadent cheesecake is ready to serve, warm some Lotus Biscoff spread in the microwave on medium power, using 10 second bursts and stirring in between each one. You can also scoop Biscoff spread into a nonstick pan on the stovetop and heat over medium-low, stirring frequently. When using either method, warm the Biscoff spread to a thinner consistency for spreading and drizzling over the cheesecake. We recommend to garnish with additional Biscoff cookies on top of the cheesecake.
For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Serve Biscoff Cheesecake
This cheesecake pairs well with many different coffee recipes, a cup of tea, spiced warm cider, or hot chocolate. We also love a slice of this no bake cheesecake with a glass of milk. Milk and cookies are a perfect flavor combination!
Additional garnish recommendations include fresh berries, fruit compote, a handful of chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dusting with cinnamon or cocoa powder.
This Biscoff cheesecake is perfect for brunch, a special holiday, an airplane travel theme, a Europe-themed party, or any celebration!
Best Tips for Making Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake Recipe
Although this is a simple recipe to make, a few tips will give you the best results. Here are our top tips and recommendations:
- Handle cream gently: We recommend that when whipping the heavy cream, do it gently. Be careful not to over-whip, which will begin to produce a butter-like texture. Whip just until stiff peaks form.
- Don't overmix the filling: When blending the cream cheese, Biscoff spread, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, avoid overmixing. Overmixing can introduce excess air into the mixture, possibly leading to cracks in your cheesecake.
- Evenly combine ingredients: Ensure all ingredients are well combined, but avoid excessive mixing. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate everything evenly. A lumpy filling will result in an inconsistent texture.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results: For the ultimate cheesecake texture and flavor, refrigerate the cheesecake overnight. This extended chilling time allows the flavors to meld, and the filling to set perfectly.
- Minimum chill time: If you're short on time, chill the cheesecake for at least 4-6 hours. While overnight is best, this shorter time frame will still give you a delicious cheesecake. It might be softer than the fully set version.
- Prepare the cookie crust carefully: When making the cookie crust, ensure the melted butter is evenly distributed among the cookie crumbs. Press the mixture firmly into the base of the pan for a stable foundation.
- Room temperature cream cheese: Allow your cream cheese to come to room temperature before starting. This makes it easier to blend into a smooth filling without lumps.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Go for high-quality cream cheese and vanilla extract. The better the ingredients, the better the flavor of your cheesecake.
- Consider adding garnish: After the cheesecake is set and ready to serve, you can elevate its appearance and flavor by adding extra Biscoff spread swirls, cookie crumbles, or whipped cream for visual interest and varied texture.
- Serve chilled: Cheesecake is at its best when served well-chilled. For clean slices, dip your knife in hot water before each cut to achieve clean edges.
How Best to Store your Lotus Cheesecake
Proper storage is essential to maintain the freshness and quality of your Biscoff cheesecake.
Store your Biscoff cheesecake in an airtight container, or cover it with plastic wrap. You can also use a cake keeper with a lid if it fits your cheesecake.
The best place to store your Biscoff cheesecake is in the refrigerator. The cool temperature helps it maintain its shape and prevents spoilage.
Place the cheesecake on a shelf, away from foods with strong smells, as cheesecake can absorb them. You can refrigerate for up to 5 days.
If you need to store the cheesecake for an extended period, you can freeze it.
To freeze your dessert, wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag. For added protection, you can wrap the container with aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
How to thaw:
Transfer the frozen cheesecake from the freezer to the refrigerator when you're ready to enjoy it. This will allow it to thaw slowly and evenly. Thaw for several hours or overnight.
Do not thaw the cheesecake at room temperature, as it can cause condensation, disrupting the texture. Once the Biscoff no bake cheesecake is fully thawed in the refrigerator, it's ready to serve.
You can typically find Biscoff cookies, also known as Lotus Biscoff cookies, in various stores and online retailers. Typical places to purchase them include Walmart, Amazon, and Target. Additionally, many grocery stores and specialty food shops may carry Biscoff cookies in their cookie or international food sections.
Where can I buy Biscoff spread?
Biscoff spread, often called Lotus Biscoff spread or Biscoff cookie butter, is also widely available. You can purchase it at Walmart, Amazon, Target, and many well-stocked grocery stores.
A suitable replacement for Biscoff cookies is spiced Speculoos cookies. You can find these at various grocery stores, especially those with a well-stocked international or specialty foods section. Trader Joe's Speculoos cookies are a popular option known for their similar spiced, caramelized flavor. These cookies can work well in recipes or as a snack if you can't find Biscoff cookies.
More delicious dessert recipes
Italian Hangover Cake - the ultimate hangover cure you didn't know you needed. This cake is perfectly moist and soaked in an orange and rum glaze that's tart, sweet, and a little boozy.
No Bake Keto Cheesecake - No Bake Keto Cheesecake is the best creamy dessert, and you don't even need to turn on the stove. You'll love the keto cheesecake crust made with almond flour too.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding - This chocolatey, rich and creamy avocado pudding is delicious and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. With only a handful of ingredients, it can be ready to eat in less than ten minutes.
Tiramisu Overnight Oats - This Tiramisu Overnight Oats Recipe is super simple to make and it has all the flavors of a traditional Tiramisu, but in the form of overnight oats.
No Bake Caramilk Cheesecake - Lightweight and airy, velvety white chocolate caramel cheesecake filling in a cinnamon-spiced graham cracker crust.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- 1 (8.8oz) package Biscoff cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 20 ounces (2 ½ 8oz bricks) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Biscoff spread, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the Crust: Place the Biscoff cookies and melted butter in a food processor and pulse until it resembles the consistency of wet sand.
- Fill the pan. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of a springform pan using the bottom of a glass, a rubber spatula, or your hands.
- Prepare the filling. Place the cold cream into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip it to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the Biscoff spread, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat it until well combined. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Fill and refrigerate. Transfer the cheesecake batter to the chilled crust. Smooth the filling evenly over the crust. Cover it and refrigerate it overnight. The minimum required chill time is 4-6 hours but for a well-set cheesecake, chill this Biscoff dessert overnight.
- Serve. When your decadent cheesecake is ready to serve, warm some Lotus Biscoff spread in the microwave on medium power, using 10 second bursts and stirring in between each one. You can also scoop Biscoff spread into a nonstick pan on the stovetop and heat over medium-low, stirring frequently. When using either method, gently warm the Biscoff spread to a thinner consistency for spreading and drizzling over the cheesecake. We recommend to garnish with additional Biscoff cookies on top of the cheesecake.
Use a 9 inch springform pan
Do not overwhip your whipping cream. Fold whipped cream carefully into the Biscoff and cream cheese mixture.
Refrigerate overnight for best results.
Dip your knife in hot water for a clean cut through the cheesecake when serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.