Keto Cheese chips are only 2 ingredients, simple to make, and perfect for dipping.
Finding great chips to eat with your favorite dips just got a little bit easier with this recipe.
KETO CHEESE CHIPS RECIPE
Keto Cheese chips are on their way to being your go-to keto chip recipe. This is because this recipe is so simple, and ready to eat in less than 20 minutes.
One thing that I really love about Keto eating is the amount of delicious dips and sauces that are created when you're eating a low carb, high fat diet.
Finding a great low carb chip might seem tricky, but it really isn't, if you have a few minutes to make these chips made of cheese.
INGREDIENTS IN KETO CHESE CHIPS
Shredded Cheddar Cheese - Shred your own from block cheese to avoid any additives that might be in bagged cheese. Shredded parmesan also makes delicious cheese chips.
Cayenne Pepper - These photos show my using cayenne to flavor the cheese chips, but you can use any type of seasoning you like to season your low carb chips.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHEESE CHIPS
- While your oven is pre-heating, add shredded cheese in small heaps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave space in between so they don't melt together.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top of each pile.
- Bake as directed in the recipe, checking part way through to avoid burning.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from pan.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
HOW MANY KETO CHEESE CHIPS DOES 2 CUPS OF CHEESE MAKE?
The amount of chips that you can make with this recipe will depend on how big you make the piles of cheese. You can make 32 keto cheese chips if you use two cups of cheese and make each pile 1 tablespoon each.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN CHEESE CHIPS ARE DONE?
The trick to making perfect keto cheese chips is to pull them from the oven just before they start to burn. If you don't cook them long enough, they won't be crispy, they'll just be melted cheese.
If you cook them too long, they'll blacken and won't be tasty.
Watch your keto chips while they are baking. After 5 minutes, start checking on them every minute or two.
They will be golden brown on the edges when ready.
HOW DO I STORE KETO CHEESE CHIPS?
I recommend eating these the same day that you make them - honestly they probably won't last much longer, they are quite good.
But if you do have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Warm them up a bit and let cool before eating.
This will get them crunchy again.
DIFFERENT FLAVORS FOR LOW CARB CHEESE CHIPS
You can have fun adding your favorite herbs and spices to these cheddar cheese chips. Here are some suggestions.
- Smoked Paprika
- Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder
- Curry Powder
- Black Pepper
I wouldn't suggest adding salt, as the cheese is salty already, but anything else is fair game. I'd love to hear what you come up with.
Our Favorite Kitchen Tools:
What's your favorite kitchen tool? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Did you make these keto cheese chips? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, curry powder, or your seasoning of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add shredded cheese in small heaps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough room in between them so they aren’t touching.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top and bake for 7-10 minutes, checking after 5 minutes for doneness.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before enjoying.
- You can substitute parmesan cheese for all of some of the cheddar cheese.
- This recipe makes 32 chips if each pile of cheese is 1 tablespoon. Different amounts of cheese will make different sized chips and a different number of them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.