A homemade hot keto queso dip that’s ready in 5 minutes! There’s only a handful of ingredients in this keto queso dip recipe and you can adjust the spice to your taste buds. This keto dip is perfect for making keto nachos or for a party appetizer.
Keto Queso Dip
This keto queso dip is better than any store-bought dip I’ve had. It’s super creamy, has the perfect amount of spices, and I’ve included the option to make it more or less spicy. This is the best low carb queso dip you’re going to ever make.
Keto Queso Dip Recipe
This keto queso dip recipe only uses seven ingredients, five of which are spices. This keto queso is naturally gluten free, nut free, and relatively healthy. I don’t have a dairy-free version yet but if I make one, I’ll come back and update this post.
What to dip in keto queso
You can dip anything you want into this keto queso but here are a few of our favorites:
- Celery sticks
- Bell pepper slices
- Fried cheese crisps (it’s a lot of dairy, but it’s so good)
- Zucchini sticks
- Pork rinds
- Keto crackers
- Keto bread
This keto queso makes incredible keto nachos! We also like to spoon this keto queso over sliced steak and peppers for a keto Philly cheese steak style meal.
How to store keto queso dip
Store keto queso dip in a airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days or in the freezer for up to two months. Re-heat and stir before serving.
How to make keto queso
- Add the half and half to a small cooking pot and bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the spices and stir until combined.
- Add in the sharp cheddar cheese and mix until combined and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with your favorite keto friendly dippers.
Tips for making keto queso
- You can grate a block of cheese or use pre-shredded cheese. Just note that sometimes pre-shredded cheeses use fillers to prevent sticking. Always check labels.
- You can use half and half, or heavy whipping cream. If you use heavy whipping cream add a couple of table spoons of water to thin it out otherwise your keto queso will be too thick.
- If you like your keto queso dip spicier, increase the cayenne pepper or add a small can of diced chiles (drained) to the dip at the end.
- If you don’t like spice, leave out the cayenne pepper.
Cheese for Keto Queso
We like to use sharp cheddar because of the extra flavor and color that it adds to this keto queso recipe. You can use your favorite cheese. Some other types of cheese to use to make keto queso are Colby jack, white cheddar, and habanero cheddar cheese.
Did you make this keto queso? Please stop back by and leave a comment letting me know what you thought.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g