A Keto Cranberry Sauce that is super easy to make, has hints of vanilla and cinnamon and is ready in minutes. You’re going to want to spoon this low carb cranberry sauce on everything once you try it.
For more recipe ideas, check out my Keto Recipes section.
Keto Cranberry Sauce
You can’t have a keto thanksgiving without keto cranberry sauce. This recipe uses only 5 ingredients, if you don’t count water, and is ready in under ten minutes.
This low carb cranberry sauce has the perfect balance of tang, sweetness, and spice thanks to the combination of ingredients.
If you’re looking for a good cranberry jam, you can strain out the chunks of cranberries before this keto cranberry sauce is done cooling.
You could also run the entire low carb cranberry sauce recipe through the blender when it’s done cooling.
Ingredients in keto cranberry sauce
All you need to make keto cranberry sauce is cranberries, water, a sugar free powdered sweetener (we used swerve), orange zest, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
Are cranberries keto
Yes cranberries are considered keto and are enjoyed on a keto diet in moderation. Fresh cranberries are 87%-90% water and are made up of a small amount of carbohydrates and a good amount of fiber.
1 cup of raw cranberries (about 100g) has 12.2 grams of carbs and 4.6 grams of fiber.
Is cranberry sauce keto
If you make keto cranberry sauce with a sugar-free sweetener like Swerve or Lakanto, your cranberry sauce will be keto. Make sure to follow this recipe exactly for the perfect low carb cranberry sauce.
How to make keto cranberry sauce
- Gather all your ingredients. Ingredients are best at room temperature.
- Place all your ingredients in a small pot.
- Stir to combine and turn on your stove to medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until your cranberry sauce mixture starts to boil.
- Continue to boil until most of the cranberries have popped. Using a masher, mash your cranberries.
- Remove from the stove, cool then serve.
You can store this keto cranberry sauce in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I have used both Swerve and Lakanto as sweeteners in this keto cranberry sauce. I find that the powdered sweeteners work best and the cranberry sauce doesn’t crystallize after it’s cooled.
You can also use the Lakanto maple flavored syrup in this keto cranberry sauce recipe.
The flavors in this cranberry sauce come from the combination of cranberries, orange zest, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
The cinnamon flavor isn’t strong, but you do get hints of it. You can leave out the cinnamon if you want – it’s not essential to this low carb cranberry sauce recipe.
What to serve keto cranberry sauce with:
- Faux mashed potatoes using cauliflower
- On keto rolls
- On keto cornbread
You can also enjoy this low carb cranberry sauce on keto toast or as a berry sauce on a keto brownies.
If you do put cranberry sauce on your brownie, drizzle some keto chocolate sauce on top for an extra special treat.
This keto cranberry sauce is basically fail proof if you follow the recipe exactly and you make sure to use a powdered sweetener or a liquid sweetener, to prevent it crystallizing.
You can add other spices like cloves or nutmeg if you’d like, giving it a boost in additional flavors.
Ingredients you’ll always find in our pantry:
Our Favorite Kitchen Tools:
What’s your favorite kitchen tool? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Did you make this keto cranberry sauce recipe? Please stop back by and let us know what you thought.
- Add all ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have popped.
- Using a masher, mash the cranberries.
- remove the pan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm or refridgerate and serve cold.
- Use a powdered sweetener for best results.
- The cinnamon is optional, but we recommend adding it.
- Store this keto cranberry sauce in the refridgerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.