An easy, tender keto pumpkin mug cake that is ready in less than 5 minutes.
This low carb pumpkin mug cake recipe makes two servings. It's naturally dairy-free and grain-free.
For more recipe ideas check out our Keto Recipes section.
Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake
If you're looking for a quick, simple sweet treat you're going to love this keto pumpkin mug cake. It's ready in less than 5 minutes, it's tender, and it's perfectly sweet while still being relatively low carb.
This keto pumpkin mug cake recipe uses a combination of almond flour and coconut flour, which gives it the perfect texture and rise.
This keto mug cake is also naturally dairy-free and you can use a variety of sugar free sweeteners, making it exactly the way you want it.
This low carb pumpkin mug cake recipe makes two servings. You can share the other, or save it for breakfast the next morning.
I usually reheat mine for 15 seconds and enjoy it with my coffee. Delish!
Sweeteners in a keto pumpkin mug cake
For sweeteners, you can use one of the following sugar free sweeteners. I haven't tried liquid stevia in this mug cake recipe yet.
Lakanto maple flavored syrup
Lakanto monkfruit sweetener - regular
Lakanto monkfruit sweetner - golden
If you try liquid stevia in this keto pumpkin mug cake, please stop back by and let me know how it turned out.
How to make a keto pumpkin mug cake
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined and evenly incorporated.
- Divide batter between two small mugs, or two 6 oz. ramekins. Microwave for 1 minute.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
How long does this keto mug cake stay good?
These keto mug cakes are best enjoyed fresh but they store well for up to 24 hours. I recommend you reheat these keto pumpkin mug cakes before enjoying.
Can I make this egg free?
Yes, you can make these low carb pumpkin mug cakes egg free by using a flaxegg instead of a chicken egg.
Please note that these keto mug cakes won't rise as high and you are adding carbs to the total carb count.
Oils to use in keto mug cakes
Coconut oil, melted and cooled
Olive oil (adds a bit of additional flavor)
Ghee, melted and cooled
Butter, melted and cooled
I haven't tried other oils in this low carb mug cake recipe, but I would imagine any kind would work.
You can use fresh or canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) in this keto pumpkin mug cake recipe.
Just note that fresh cooked and pureed pumpkin tend to have more water in it. It shouldn't impact the recipe, but be aware of it.
When you measure your almond flour and coconut flour, make sure to level the tablespoon so extra flour doesn't get into the batter and cause it to be dry.
Double check the expiration dates on the almond flour and coconut flour before making this low carb pumpkin mug cake.
Both flours can go rancid and cause baked goods to dry out or to have a funny taste to them.
Looking for more mug cake recipes? Try this Keto Lemon Mug Cake.
Products We Keep Stocked:
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make this keto pumpkin mug cake? Please stop back by and let us know what you thought.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk coconut flour, almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt.
- Add oil, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined.
- Divide batter between two mugs or two small ramekins.
- Microwave individually for 60 seconds.
- Using an oven mitt, remove the mug cake from the microwave.
- Let site for 5 minutes, then enjoy.
- When you measure your almond flour and coconut flour, make sure to level the tablespoon so extra flour doesn't get into the batter and cause it to be dry.
- Egg-free option: Use a flaxseed egg in place of the chicken egg to make this egg free.
- Oils: You can use your oil of choice, or you can use melted and cooled butter or ghee.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 8.5gNet Carbohydrates: 04.5gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.