Low carb mug desserts are perfect for those days when you want a sweet treat with little effort.
This keto chocolate chip mug cookie recipe is paleo friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free too.
This keto chocolate mug cake is also simple to make.
If you love making low carb desserts for one or two, you may also like keto pumpkin mug cake.
Keto Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Living a low carb lifestyle doesn't mean that you have to give up sweets completely.
A low carb mug cookie is a great keto dessert option because you get to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your portion size controlled.
Just a few simple steps and less than a minute in the microwave is all it takes to make this scrumptious low carb chocolate chip mug cookie.
This keto mug cookie recipe uses a combination of almond and coconut flours for the ideal cookie style texture.
You can customize it to your dietary needs using ingredients that you likely already keep on hand. Top it with keto ice cream to make the ultimate low carb after-dinner treat.
Keep in mind that mug cookies are more like soft-baked cookies rather than crunchy oven-baked cookies.
The irresistible soft-baked texture of this keto chocolate chip cookie is certain to hit the spot.
How to Make a Keto Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
- Place butter and sugar-free sweetener in a large microwaveable mug or ramekin. Heat for about 20 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Add vanilla, salt, and egg yolk and mix together.
- Add almond flour and coconut flour, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Microwave for 45-50 seconds or until the center is set.
Tips for Making Mug Cookies
Keep in mind that all microwaves are different and the size of your mug may alter the cooking time.
Start by microwaving for the lowest amount of time necessary (about 45 seconds) and add more time if needed.
Don't cook for more than one minute. Just like oven-baked cookies, mug cookies will continue cooking as they cool.
To make your mug cookie dairy-free, replace the butter with coconut oil or your favorite vegan butter and switch out the chocolate chips for a sugar-free, dairy-free option of your choice.
To make your mug cookie egg-free, you can use a flax egg as a substitute.
Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water, and let sit until the mixture becomes thick and gelatinous.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
A Note on Baking with Coconut Flour
Coconut flour is rich in fiber and supports heart and digestive health. It's naturally slightly sweet and yet also stabilizes blood sugar, bu it can be a tricky ingredient to work with.
Coconut flour absorbs moisture much more than other flours, so it's important to get the right flour to moisture ratio if you want to avoid dry, crumbly baked goods.
Always measure coconut flour evenly, using a spoon or knife to level the top of your measuring spoon or cup.
Did you make this keto chocolate chip mug cookie recipe? Don't forget to come back and let us know what you thought.
Products We Keep Stocked:
- Place butter and sugar free sweetener in a large (10 oz.) microwaveable mug or ramekin. Heat in the microwave until butter is melted, approximately 20 seconds.
- Add vanilla, salt, and egg yolk. Stir until combined.
- Add almond flour and coconut flour, then stir again.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly incorporated.
- Microwave for 45-50 seconds or until risen and firm on the top. The time may vary depending on the size and shape of your mug. I recommend starting with the lowest time and adding time if needed. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools.
- Enjoy it plain or top with keto ice cream.
- This is more of a soft baked cookie than a crunchy cookie.
- Dairy-Free Option: Use coconut oil or vegan butter instead of butter, and sugar-free, dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Egg-Free Option: You can use a flax egg to keep this keto mug cookie egg-free.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 mug cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 3.6gNet Carbohydrates: 1.1gFiber: 2.5gSugar Alcohols: 7gProtein: 8.5g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.