There are only 3 ingredients in this keto whipped cream recipe.
Keto whipped cream is simple to make and you can eat it with a spoon for an extra delicious treat or serve it with your favorite keto dessert.
For more recipe ideas check out our Low Carb and Keto Desserts.
Keto Whipped Cream
Many people don’t realize how simple it is to make keto whipped cream. Whipping cream is naturally high in fat and low carb.
Some recipes call for several ingredients to make low carb whipped cream but you really only need 3 ingredients.
I’ve been making whipped cream for years and I’ve only every used heavy whipping cream, a sweetener and vanilla.
Vanilla extract is inexpensive but if you can get it, I recommend using vanilla bean paste. It has a rich vanilla flavor like no other.
For this keto whipped cream recipe, you can swap the whipping cream with full fat coconut cream for a dairy free keto whipped cream.
Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
For this recipe I used Swerve for sweetening the keto whipped cream. If you don’t like your low carb whipped cream sweet you can leave it out entirely.
You can also use your sweetener of choice. I’ve also used Lakanto maple flavored syrup in this recipe and liquid stevia.
If you use Lakanto maple flavored syrup you can do a one for one swap with the Swerve sweetener.
If you use liquid stevia, use 1-2 drops, or as much as you’d like to get the level of sweetness desired.
Is whipped cream keto friendly
Yes, whipped cream is keto friendly if you leave out the sweetener or use a sugar free sweetener. Most whipped cream recipes only call for a small amount of sugar.
Use your favorite sweetener to make this low carb whipped cream recipe.
Is cool whip keto friendly
Traditional cool whip has a small amount of sugar in it. Cool whip also makes a sugar free cool whip version.
Both are considered keto friendly, but please remember all the added ingredients in cool whip. It’s not a whole food. Making your own keto whipped cream is better for you.
How to make keto whipped cream
- Add your cold full fat whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla to your mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium high speed until it thickens. Approximately ten minutes.
- Keep an eye on your whipped cream near the end. Don’t over beat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
If you don’t have a standing mixer with a whisk attachment you can make this low carb whipped cream with a hand mixer.
I have never tried making keto whipped cream by hand with a whisk.
Low Carb Whipped Cream Variations
If you’d like to add other flavors to your whipped cream you could add the following to spice it up a bit.
Two tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa (please note, this will add carbs but you’ll still have a low carb whipped cream)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice extract instead of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of mint extract instead of the vanilla extract
Keto whipped cream is incredible on Keto Coffee and Keto Pumpkin Spice Lattes, if you’re looking for a low carb indulgent treat.
Ingredients you’ll always find in our pantry:
Did you make this keto whipped cream? Please leave a comment letting me know what you thought and if you used any of the variations.
- 2 cups full fat whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Add all ingredients to a standing mixer.
- Beat on medium-high speed until the whipped cream is thick and stayes on the whisk attachment.
- Store in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure your whipped cream is full fat, and cold.
- You can swap the full fat whipping cream with full fat coconut cream for a dairy free keto whipped cream.
- You can use your sugar-free sweetener of choice.
- If you add cocoa, you will add carbs so make sure to check the carb count on your cocoa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 64 Serving Size: 2 tabelspoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving and was calculated by a 3rd party plugin. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.