Did you know that you can make mouthwatering, flavorful salmon fillets right in your Instant Pot?
This Instant Pot Salmon recipe requires minimal prep work but yields deliciously flaky, delicate results.
Do you enjoy cooking simple low carb seafood dishes at home? You might like our keto jambalaya recipe too.
For another filling low carb dinner you'll want to make this Keto Eggplant Parmesan.
Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
Cooking salmon at home doesn't have to be a science experiment.
With your Instant Pot handy and a few ingredients, you can cook delicate, flavorful Instant Pot salmon in a matter of minutes.
What you'll need for this Instant Pot Salmon
This is truly one of the simplest Instant Pot salmon recipes. All you'll need is a steamer rack accessory for your Instant Pot and 6 simple ingredients:
- A one-pound salmon fillet with the skin on, or one pound of salmon in 2-4 smaller salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Lemon slices
How to Make Salmon in the Instant Pot
- Start by pouring water into your Instant Pot and then place the steamer rack inside. Make sure that the handles are extended upward for easy removal.
- Place the salmon fillet onto the steamer rack, skin-side-down. Drizzle some olive oil over the salmon, then sprinkle it with salt & pepper. Arrange a few lemon slices over the salmon for flavor.
- Secure the lid to your Instant Pot, then set it to "Pressure Cook" and adjust the timer to 4 minutes. Press the start button, and let the Instant Pot do its magic.
- When your Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick pressure release. Remove the lid and let the salmon rest on the steamer rack for a few minutes before serving.
Tips for Cooking Salmon in Instant Pot
You can make this Instant Pot salmon frozen or fresh. Both options work just as well. If you can't find fresh salmon, you can often find frozen salmon fillets in the freezer section of your local grocer.
Keep the skin on. Salmon skin is not only edible, but it works as a moisture barrier, keeping the salmon from drying out.
Try adding different seasonings for more flavor. I recommend using lemon pepper seasoning or your favorite brand of seasoning salt.
Don't skimp on the resting time. Just like with most animal proteins, salmon continues to cook as it rests. Resting the salmon also allows the juices to settle and redistribute, leaving you with a medium-cooked salmon fillet that you won't be able to resist.
Don't like salmon? You can use other types of fish too. Simply follow the cooking instructions as written, keeping in mind that you may need to adjust the cooking time by a minute or two depending on the type and thickness of the fish fillet.
Try using this instant pot salmon recipe with cod or another cold-water fish such as trout, seabass, or halibut.
Do I need to add more time when cooking Instant Pot frozen salmon?
Whether you use a frozen or fresh salmon fillet, the ultimate result will be the same. There's no need to add additional cooking time. The Instant Pot cooks this lemon salmon recipe to perfection every time.
What can I serve with salmon?
All it takes to turn this instant pot salmon into a complete, nutritious meal is a flavorful side dish or two.
You can also serve this salmon with keto vegetables, for a low carb meal.
Don't forget to top your meal off with one of our decadent low carb desserts for the perfect finale.
If you don't eat keto, you'll want to make this Black Walnut Ice Cream.
Our Favorite Kitchen Tools:
What's your favorite kitchen tool? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Did you try this fresh or frozen Salmon Instant Pot recipe? Don't forget to come back and let us know how it worked for you.
Pin for later:
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skin on (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced (about 4 slices)
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and then place the steamer rack into the Instant Pot, with the handles extended up.
- Place the salmon skin down on the rack.
- Drizzle the top of the salmon with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and turn it until it locks into place.
- Set it to "Pressure Cook" and then set the timer to 4 minutes. Press "start".
- When the Instant Pot beeps that it's done, use the quick release button to release the steam.
- Remove the lid and let the salmon sit for 5 minutes before transferring it to a plate.
- Serve warm.
- You can use fresh or frozen salmon. No need to add extra time for frozen salmon.
- Add lemon pepper or seasoning salt to switch up the flavor.
- You can use other fish types. Keep in mind that cook times may vary depending on the type and thickness of the fish fillet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 25g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.