Low Carb Keto Pancakes that are simple to make, a tried and true Keto Pancake Recipe, and can be made right away, or the keto pancake mix can be stored for future use.
Dairy-free, and refined-sugar free, these Low Carb Pancakes are fluffy and the perfect start to any morning.
If you are looking for more low carb breakfast ideas you'll want to check out my Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Low Carb Keto Pancake Mix Recipe
These fluffy low carb pancakes are also dairy-free, making them Paleo friendly. They are high in protein and healthy fats, keeping you full longer.
With hints of vanilla and almond flavors, these low carb keto pancakes are sure to be a new favorite a breakfast time.
Enjoy these keto pancakes plain or topped with Keto Pancake Syrup.
Everyone loves a good low carb pancake mix, and I love a good low carb pancake recipe. I find low carb pancake mixes to be expensive, so I mix up my own mix and use it anytime I want keto pancakes.
I started making the dry portion of mixes for keto pancakes in bulk and storing them in glass containers so that my family could easily make the things they love when I was traveling.
Since then, we tend to keep this low carb pancake mix recipe close so that we always have pre-made keto pancake mix on hand.
As a bonus, these keto pancakes only need a few ingredients that most people living a low carb lifestyle have on hand.
If you don't need to eat low carb you might want to try these Gluten-Free Pancakes.
All low carb pancake mixes are simply the dry ingredients combined. You always have to add the wet ingredients like eggs, oil, etc.
By making these keto pancakes yourself you can keep as much or as little as you want on hand.
Also, it's saves quite a bit of money if you are making low carb pancakes every week.
We like to make up a couple batches of keto pancakes and keep them in the freezer for busy mornings. My girls pull them out and re-heat them for a delicious homemade breakfast.
How long can I store low carb pancake mix?
This low carb pancake mix can be stored in an airtight container (or glass container) for up to three months at room temperature.
These keto pancakes may stay fresh longer, but I wouldn't know because we usually griddle our way through the low carb pancake mix before then.
For store bought low carb pancake mixes, always check the expiration date printed on the box.
These keto pancakes are one of our easiest keto breakfast recipes.
Can I use an egg substitute in low carb pancakes?
I have used flax-egg and chia seed egg in these low carb pancakes before. They are delicious, but they don't get the same rise as you would if you used eggs.
Low Carb Pancake Mixes
There are a couple of low carb pancakes mixes available in stores and online. Always check ingredients of each keto pancake mix before purchasing.
- Birch Benders Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Lakanto Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Swerve Pancakes and Waffle Mix
- Bob's Red Mill Low Carb All Purpose Baking Mix
If you have a favorite low carb pancake mix that you've found at the store, let us know below. We want to try it! We love making keto pancakes.
How to make low carb pancakes
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl then transfer to an airtight container if you are saving it for later. Don't forget to label your container with the date.
- When you are ready to make low carb pancakes: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar-free maple flavored syrup, vanilla, and sugar-free dairy-free milk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. If you mixed up more than one batch of low carb pancake mix, measure out approximately 1.5 cups + 1 tablespoon of mix. In weight that's about 180 g.
- Spoon ¼ cup of prepared low carb pancake batter onto a medium hot griddle and cook until the edges start to brown and bubbles form.
- Flip low carb pancakes over and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Always check for doneness before you remove your pancake from the pan or griddle.
- Serve these keto pancakes hot.
If you have any questions on how to make keto pancakes, please leave a comment below and we will get back to you.
Always follow the recipe first. Don't work with substitutions until you know how the recipe works. Once your batter is ready, heat your pan or electric griddle and start making your paleo pancakes.
Low Carb Pancakes Flour
These are the best low carb pancakes using almond flour. Remember when measuring almond flour to spoon your flour into your measuring cup, then level it.
Do not dip your measuring cup into the flour then level, it will be too much almond flour. You're keto pancakes won't cook up properly
Pancakes with an electric griddle vs. a pan
You don't need an electric griddle to make keto pancakes but I find that it's way easier. For one, you don't oil an electric griddle. It's non-stick.
Also, the heat tends to stay even throughout the griddle whereas with a pan the heat might fluctuate. Also, you can make 6-8 low carb pancakes at once on an electric griddle.
Can I freeze keto pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze keto pancakes. Always bring your low carb pancakes to room temperature first, before you freeze them.
After they are at room temperature you can store them in an airtight container or a zip lock bag for up to three months.
Some people like to place pieces of wax paper or parchment paper between each of the low carb pancakes. I don’t find you need to.
Keto Pancakes are Sticking
The batter for these keto pancakes is on the thick side. If you're keto pancakes are sticking to your griddle, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the batter and mix it in. Additionally, make sure your griddle is evenly heated and hot before cooking.
More Breakfast Ideas:
Keto Quiche - Crustless Keto Quiche is a low carb, filling egg dish that is as delicious as it is impressive. This recipe is versatile enough to suit any flavor preferences and perfect for a family meal or a special event.
Keto Breakfast Casserole - Keto Breakfast Casserole is a hearty, savory dish packed with protein, veggies, and melty cheese to keep you full and happy all day long. It's simple to make and it uses minimal ingredients.
Almond Flour Crepes - Easy to make Almond Flour Crepes are light and delicious and ready for your favorite fillings.
Keto Donuts - A tender keto cinnamon sugar donut using almond flour that is simple to make and bakes up quickly. You're going to love these low carb almond flour donuts. They are healthy and use minimal ingredients.
Keto Energy Bites - When you need an afternoon pick-me-up or a great post-workout snack, keto energy balls are the way to go. These keto chocolate energy bites are filled with protein, caffeine, and healthy fats to keep you satisfied and boost your energy.
Keto Coffee Cake - A piece of classic coffee cake is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. This keto coffee cake recipe is not only decadent, but it's paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free too.
Keto Products We Keep Stocked:
Did you make these low carb pancakes? Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
- 1 ½ cups (170g) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (6g) tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Lakanto maple flavored syrup (or your favorite sugar-free syrup)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar-free dairy-free milk (or milk of choice)
- Pre-heat a non-stick griddle, or pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter onto a medium hot griddle and cook until the edges start to brown and bubbles form.
- Flip pancakes over and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot.
- To make a mix for later: Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl then transfer to an airtight container if you are saving it for later. Don't forget to label your container with the date.
- When you are ready to make low carb pancakes from your mix: If you doubled or tripled the dry ingredients before storing make sure add enough wet ingredients or measure out one batch worth of dry ingredients to mix with the wet ingredients above. One batch equals about 1 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon (180g) of dry low carb pancake mix.
- Remember when measuring almond flour to spoon your flour into your measuring cup, then level it. Do not dip your measuring cup into the flour then level, it will be too much almond flour.
- Freezing instructions: Bring your pancakes to room temperature and store them in a zip lock bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8.5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7.5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 8.5gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g