A simple recipe for keto pancakes using almond flour. These low carb pancakes are tender, fluffy, and filling. You can make the dry mix ahead of time and store it, making keto pancakes quick to make.
Dairy-free, and refined sugar-free, these Low Carb Pancakes are fluffy and the perfect start to any morning.
If you are looking for more low carb breakfast ideas you'll want to check out my Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Low Carb Keto Pancake Recipe
These fluffy low carb pancakes are also dairy-free, making them Paleo friendly. They are high in protein and healthy fats, keeping you full longer.
With hints of vanilla and almond flavors, these low carb keto pancakes are sure to be a new favorite a breakfast time.
Enjoy these keto pancakes plain or topped with Keto Pancake Syrup.
Low carb pancake mixes can be expensive. Whipping up a homemade mix is easy any time you want keto pancakes.
The dry portion of this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in a glass container so these pancakes can be on the griddle in no time.
Keeping this homemade low carb pancake mix on hand ensures this delicious keto pancake recipe can be enjoyed in a flash at any time of day.
As a bonus, these keto pancakes only need a few ingredients that most people living a low carb lifestyle have on hand.
If you don't need to eat low carb you might want to try these Gluten-Free Pancakes.
These Keto Waffles are also simple to make and they use similar ingredients.
Keto Pancakes Ingredients
Superfine Almond Flour: Look for very finely ground blanched almond flour for making pancakes. We like this organic superfine almond flour. This will make your keto pancakes light and fluffy. You can also use almond meal, but the pancakes will have a very different texture.
Tapioca Flour: Also known as tapioca starch, we're using just a touch of this to help create a pleasing, fluffy texture.
Baking Soda: To help these keto pancakes rise.
Salt: To balance the other flavors.
Eggs: Two large eggs add volume to the batter and help to hold everything together. Let your eggs come to room temperature before mixing to get a smooth pancake batter.
Maple Flavored Syrup: To add sweetness. You can use your sugar free syrup of choice. We like Lakanto.
Vanilla Extract: This is the thing that will make your house smell amazing while these keto pancakes are cooking. Use pure vanilla extract for the best results.
Dairy-free Milk: You can use your choice of unsweetened dairy free milk in this keto pancakes recipe. Regular milk can also be used.
If you have any questions about this keto pancake recipe, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
How long can I store low carb pancake mix?
This low carb pancake mix can be stored in an airtight container (or glass container) for up to three months at room temperature.
These keto pancake mix may stay fresh longer, but ours is always used up before then - as this recipe is great for breakfast, a snack or a treat.
For store bought low carb pancake mixes, always check the expiration date printed on the box.
These keto pancakes are one of our easiest keto breakfast recipes.
Can I use an egg substitute in low carb pancakes?
Flax-egg and chia seed egg have been used in these low carb pancakes before. They come out delicious, but they don't get the same rise as you would if you used eggs.
How to make low carb pancakes
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl then transfer to an airtight container if you are saving it for later. Don't forget to label your container with the date.
- When you are ready to make low carb pancakes: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar-free maple flavored syrup, vanilla, and sugar-free dairy-free milk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. If you mixed up more than one batch of low carb pancake mix, measure out approximately 1.5 cups + 1 tablespoon of mix. In weight that's about 180 g.
- Spoon ¼ cup of prepared keto pancake batter onto a medium hot griddle and cook until the edges start to brown and bubbles form.
- Flip low carb pancakes over and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Always check for doneness before you remove your pancake from the pan or griddle.
- Serve these keto pancakes hot.
If you have any questions on how to make keto pancakes, please leave a comment below and we will get back to you.
Tips: Always follow the recipe first. Don't work with substitutions until you know how the recipe works. Once your batter is ready, heat your pan or electric griddle and start making your low carb pancakes.
How to serve keto pancakes
These low carb pancakes are delicious on their own since there is a bit of sweetener in the batter. Adding cinnamon, your choice of butter and a splash of sugar free syrup works too.
For a Sunday brunch style treat, add blueberries or keto chocolate chips to the batter and top with our keto whip cream.
Low Carb Pancakes Flour
These are the best low carb pancakes using almond flour. Remember when measuring almond flour, to spoon your flour into your measuring cup, then level it.
Do not dip your measuring cup into the flour then level, it will be too much almond flour. You're keto pancakes won't cook up properly.
Keto Pancakes with an electric griddle vs. a pan
You don't need an electric griddle to make keto pancakes but I find that it's way easier. For one, you don't oil an electric griddle. It's non-stick.
Also, the heat tends to stay even throughout the griddle whereas with a pan the heat might fluctuate. Also, you can make 6-8 low carb pancakes at once on an electric griddle.
Can I freeze keto pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze keto pancakes. Always bring your low carb pancakes to room temperature first, before you freeze them.
After they are at room temperature you can store them in an airtight container or a zip lock bag for up to three months.
Some people like to place pieces of wax paper or parchment paper between each of the low carb pancakes. I don’t find you need to.
Keto Pancakes are Sticking
The batter for these keto pancakes is on the thick side. If you're low carb pancakes are sticking to your griddle, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the batter and mix it in. Additionally, make sure your griddle is evenly heated and hot before cooking.
Low Carb Pancake Mixes
There are a couple of low carb pancake mixes available in stores and online. Always check ingredients of each keto pancake mix before purchasing.
- Birch Benders Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Lakanto Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Swerve Pancakes and Waffle Mix
- Bob's Red Mill Low Carb All Purpose Baking Mix
If you have a favorite low carb pancake mix that you've found at the store, let us know below. We want to try it! We love making keto pancakes.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make these low carb pancakes? Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Easy Low Carb Pancakes - Best Keto Pancakes!
Easy keto pancakes! A Low Carb Pancake Mix Recipe that is simple to make, a tried and true Keto Pancakes Recipe, and can be made right away, or stored for future use. Dairy-free, and refined-sugar free, these Low Carb Pancakes are fluffy and the perfect start to any morning.
- 1 ½ cups (170g) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (6g) tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Lakanto maple flavored syrup (or your favorite sugar-free syrup)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar-free dairy-free milk (or milk of choice)
- Pre-heat a non-stick griddle, or pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter onto a medium hot griddle and cook until the edges start to brown and bubbles form.
- Flip pancakes over and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot.
- To make a mix for later: Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl then transfer to an airtight container if you are saving it for later. Don't forget to label your container with the date.
- When you are ready to make low carb pancakes from your mix: If you doubled or tripled the dry ingredients before storing make sure add enough wet ingredients or measure out one batch worth of dry ingredients to mix with the wet ingredients above. One batch equals about 1 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon (180g) of dry low carb pancake mix.
- Remember when measuring almond flour to spoon your flour into your measuring cup, then level it. Do not dip your measuring cup into the flour then level, it will be too much almond flour.
- Freezing instructions: Bring your pancakes to room temperature and store them in a zip lock bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8.5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7.5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 8.5gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g
This is great! I added keto sugar to the dry mix, and an extra egg and 1/4 cup water. Thanks!
Four Score Living
I am so glad you liked it. Thanks for sharing!
I have tried many low carb pancake recipes. This is by far the easiest and delicious!
Yummy! I had to add a bit of oil because the batter was thick and it was sticking to my cast iron griddle.
I don't have tapioca, what can I substitute?
Four Score Living
Arrowroot also works great.
These were thick and fluffy!
You can use arrowroot. It has more calcium n works well....
Four Score Living
Hi Sharon, thank you for stopping by and for sharing this tip!
The Four Score Living Team