Make Keto Taco pie for a family friendly and delicious weeknight meal. This easy low carb recipe will soon make it on your regular dinner plan rotation.
Low carb taco pie is perfect for Keto. It includes everything that you would enjoy in actual tacos, but with no need for a tortilla to hold everything together.
KETO TACO PIE RECIPE
You add all of your ingredients into a pan and bake them together. This is a very easy recipe to make.
When it’s done baking, cut yourself a slice, and enjoy the comforting flavors of taco night in this low carb version of taco pie.
If you love keto taco pie you’re going to want to try this Keto Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole next.
INGREDIENTS IN KETO TACO PIE
Ground Beef – about a pound of meat is perfect for this recipe. Use other ground meat if that’s what you have available, but beef is traditional.
Taco Seasoning – Use your favorite type or brand here.
Heavy Cream – I always have heavy cream on hand. It’s used in so many keto recipes because it’s high in fat and low in carbs.
Eggs – Eggs bind your keto taco pie mixture together so it bakes up firm.
Garlic – I never need an excuse to add garlic to a recipe, and here it adds amazing flavor throughout the dish.
Cheddar Jack Cheese – This type of cheese melts beautifully in this recipe, but you could use just cheddar or another type of cheese if you wish.
Salt – Seasoning with salt makes everything a little bit tastier.
Pepper – For the perfect hint of spice.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE KETO TACO PIE
- Preheat your oven. In a 9-inch cast iron skillet set over medium heat, crumble and brown ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and some of the cream and stir until combined, then reduce heat to medium low and cook until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining cream, eggs, garlic, cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake as directed in recipe.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below
IS TACO SEASONING KETO?
Many taco seasoning packets that you buy at the grocery store include added starches or flour that is meant to act as a filler and a thickener when making taco meat filling. They sometimes even include sugar.
You can read labels and compare when you’re shopping to try to find the lowest carb seasoning.
You can also make your own taco seasoning – I use this recipe for Keto Taco Seasoning and always keep extra on hand.
CAN YOU FREEZE KETO TACO PIE?
Yes! Cool your pie completely and then wrap to keep it air tight. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To serve, thaw it completely and then re-warm it in a 300F oven for about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
LOW CARB TACO PIE GARNISHES
The best part about this recipe is that while you can enjoy keto taco pie just as it is, you can also top it with lots of low carb garnishes to make it extra good.
These low carb taco pie garnishes are worth adding:
Chopped tomatoes, sour cream, pico de gallo, your favorite low carb salsa, avocado, fresh cilantro, or jalapenos.
Try this recipe for an Easy Keto Salsa recipe.
HOW MANY CARBS IN KETO TACO PIE
Based on my calculations, each serving of this Low carb pie has 4 grams net carbs. That’s not bad for a filling and satisfying meal.
You can reduce the amount of carbs in this dish by making a from scratch taco seasoning as mentioned above.
Our Favorite Kitchen Tools:
What’s your favorite kitchen tool? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Did you make this Keto Taco Pie? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1 lb. ground beef (up to 1 1 /4 lb. if using a larger package)
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (1 ounce)
- ⅔ cup heavy cream, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a 9-inch cast iron skillet set over medium heat, crumble and brown ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup of cream and stir until combined, then reduce heat to medium low and cook until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup cream, eggs, garlic, ½ cup shredded cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until center is set and cheese is lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly before serving, topped with chopped tomatoes (or pico de gallo or your favorite low carb salsa), avocado, sour cream, and/or cilantro, if desired.
- You can freeze this recipe after baking. To reheat, thaw completely and then bake at 300F until warmed through.
- Look for a taco seasoning with low carbs, or make your own.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 801mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.