Keto Pumpkin Bars are the ultimate, low-carb pumpkin dessert. They're secretly healthy and only require nine ingredients.
Enjoy these keto pumpkin bars plain, or topped with your favorite keto cream cheese frosting.
Do you love pumpkin? If so, you'll want to make these Keto Pumpkin Muffins.
For more dessert options check out my Keto Desserts section.
Keto Pumpkin Bars
There are only nine ingredients in this keto pumpkin bars recipe, unless you add optional keto chocolate chips or top these keto pumpkin bars with Keto Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can easily have these low carb pumpkin bars in the oven in less than ten minutes.
I use Swerve granulated sugar replacement in this low carb pumpkin bar recipe but you can also use Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup.
I haven't tried other sweeteners in this recipe yet. If you use another sweetener please come back and let me know how it turned out.
What is the difference between almond flour and almond meal?
Almond flour is typically made from blanched almonds which have had the skins removed, and is ground more finely than almond meal, which typically still contains the skins and has a more coarse grind.
You can use either almond flour or almond meal in this keto pumpkin bars recipe.
Keto Pumpkin Bars Recipe
For this keto pumpkin bars recipe you can use either a glass pan or a metal pan. I find that both work equally as well. Use an 8X8 pan for best results.
If you want thicker pumpkin bars you can use a smaller pan but you'll need to adjust your cook time.
Tips for working with almond flour
One thing to note about using almond flour is that it is NOT a 1-to-1 for other flours. It has a lot more protein and fat, and less starch, so it reacts differently in recipes.
It’s best stored in the refrigerator or freezer if you’re not going to use it up in a week or two.
Always bring Almond meal or flour to room temperature before baking with it. If you use it cold, it’ll absorb more of the liquid and your batter will be thicker than it should be.
How to make Keto Pumpkin Bars
- Add pumpkin, oil, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Add almond flour, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a oiled 8X8 baking pan.
- Bake as directed
For the full list of instructions and baking times, please see the keto pumpkin bars recipe card below.
What can I substitute for the eggs?
One of my readers used ½ cup applesauce and 2 tsp baking powder as a substitute for the eggs. You can also use flax egg, or chia egg just note that the bars will be wetter.
Can I use butter instead of oil?
Yes, you can use melted and cooled butter, or your oil of choice in this recipe. Just note that the texture may vary slightly.
Do I have to top these low carb pumpkin bars with frosting?
Not at all! My favorite way to enjoy these low carb pumpkin bars is with sweet cream butter spread on top. I give a link to a keto cream cheese frosting as an option for those that like their keto pumpkin bars a little sweeter.
You can also add in ½ cup of keto friendly chocolate chips to make these sugar-free pumpkin bars a little sweeter.
Approximate Nutrition Information for Keto Cream Cheese Frosting in the recipe card - Makes 16 servings (about a 1.5 tablespoons per serving). Per serving: 53 cals, 5g fat, 5g sat fat, 45g sodium, 1g carbs, 1g protein.
We like to use almond flour in our baked goods. Almond flour adds extra texture and healthy fats and proteins, making it our baking flour of choice.
If you can't have almonds you might want to make these Low Carb Healthy Pumpkin Bars.
Not keto? Try this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
We love enjoying these keto pumpkin bars for a snack. For more ideas, check out our post on Keto Snacks.
For the Pumpkin Bars:
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar-free sweetener (we used Lakanto or Swerve)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour - make sure to spoon the almond flour into the measuring cup, then level it.
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Keto Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8″X8″ baking pan; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, oil, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add almond flour, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared 8"X8" pan.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top starts to darken and the center is set (always start with the lowest time).
- Enjoy plain or frost with keto cream cheese frosting. For the frosting: mix the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add in the powdered sweetener and vanilla, and mix until well incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- The almond flour needs to be at room temperature or it will absorb more of the wet ingredients.
- Make sure to spoon the almond flour into the measuring cup and then level it or your batter will be too thick.
- If your batter feels too thick, add 2 tablespoon of water and mix.
- The net carbs for this keto pumpkin recipe does not include the optional addition of chocolate chips or keto cream cheese frosting.
- One of my readers used ½ cup applesauce and 2 tsp baking powder as a substitute for the eggs.
- You can use melted and cooled butter, or your oil of choice in this recipe. Just note that the texture may vary slightly.
- The nutritional info below is just for the pumpkin bars.
- Approximate Nutrition Information for Keto Cream Cheese Frosting - Makes 16 servings (about a 1.5 tablespoons per serving). Per serving: 53 cals, 5g fat, 5g sat fat, 45g sodium, 1g carbs, 1g protein.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 3.5gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.