Nothing is more delicious than these easy air fryer jalapeño poppers. They are the perfect game-day snack.
Super easy to make, this air fryer jalapeno poppers recipe includes a low carb version to please all of your guests!
These jalapeno poppers are full of oozy cream cheese and have a delicious crunch; no wonder they are one of our favorite recipes. Once prepped, these easy jalapeno poppers can be ready to enjoy in about 10 minutes.
The air fryer is the absolute best tool and easiest way to make this party appetizer. This recipe also includes instructions for preparing these jalapeno poppers in a conventional oven.
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
Speed: Air fryer Jalapeno poppers are incredibly quick to make. It is much faster than making them in the oven. Perfect for satisfying sudden cravings or serving as a last-minute appetizer at gatherings.
Cheesy and creamy with spice: The cheesy center perfectly complements the crispy bacon wrapping, creating a textural contrast that's nothing short of addictive.
Perfect appetizer for a gathering: Whether you are hosting a game day party, a family barbecue, or a casual get-together with friends, these air fryer jalapeno poppers are a total crowd-pleaser.
Crispy exterior: The air fryer's hot air circulation creates a crispy outer layer that is hard to resist.
Healthier option: Cooking in an air fryer uses significantly less oil than traditional deep frying methods, yet they still turn out crisp and golden brown.
Can be low carb: Omit the breadcrumb coating and these easy jalapeno poppers have only 2 carbs per popper! Wrap these delicious poppers in bacon to achieve an extra crunch and another layer of flavor.
Customizable: You can personalize your poppers by adjusting the filling to include minced garlic, diced onions, or various herbs. Experiment with different cheese varieties for unique flavors.
Make ahead: You can prepare them in advance and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours before cooking.
Easy clean-up: Air fryers are known for their easy clean-up - with minimal oil splatter and no need for deep-frying equipment.
Ingredients in our Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers recipe
Jalapeño peppers: Choose fresh, firm, jalapeno peppers. Look for peppers with smooth, unblemished skin. Keep in mind that the spiciness of jalapenos can vary. Removing the seeds and ribs will reduce their heat, making them milder.
Cream cheese: Ensure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature. Softened cheese blends more smoothly with other ingredients, creating a silky cream cheese filling. For unique flavor profiles, experiment with different cream cheese varieties like whipped, flavored, or low-fat options.
Panko breadcrumbs: These breadcrumbs are renowned for their exceptional crunchiness.
Flour and eggs: They ensure a full coating of breadcrumbs for your jalapeno poppers.
Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder: Seasoning the panko breadcrumbs makes such a big difference to the overall savory flavor of your air fryer jalapeno poppers.
Italian herb blend: Dried parsley, oregano, basil, rosemary.
Crispy bacon (optional): Adding a slice of bacon to the poppers adds extra crunch and flavor. You can omit the bread crumbs dipping/coating sequence (steps 2 and 4 below) and instead, wrap each jalapeno popper in a strip of prepared bacon before air frying for a low carb option - only 2 carbs per popper.
If you have any questions about this easy jalapeno poppers recipe, please leave a comment below and we will get back to you.
How to make this Jalapeno Poppers in Air Fryer recipe
- Prepare the jalapeno halves. Slice jalapenos in half and remove the white flesh and seeds.
- Prepare the coating. Add the dry seasonings - salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian herbs - to the breadcrumbs and mix until evenly dispersed. Spread the breadcrumb mixture onto a plate or shallow dish and set aside. Crack eggs into a bowl or shallow dish, whisk eggs, and set aside.
- Fill the poppers. Spoon the cheesy filling into the Jalapeño halves; do not overfill (approximately 2-3 teaspoons).
- Coat the poppers. Roll the stuffed jalapenos in the flour, roll in the egg wash to coat, and then roll each jalapeno into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Cook the poppers. Place stuffed and coated jalapeno poppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not crowd the poppers to allow the air to circulate each one. This recipe is air-fried in two batches with most air fryers. Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, check poppers, and then cook for an additional 1-4 minutes to your desired level of crispness.
For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
An optional step is to wrap prepared bacon around each breaded jalapeno or leave out the breading step and wrap prepared bacon around each cream cheese stuffed jalapeno.
To prepare bacon, air fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Once cooled, wrap each breaded or un-breaded jalapeno popper in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Omitting the bread crumb coating (steps 2 & 4 above) yields a low carb popper that contains only 2 grams of carbs.
Place the poppers into the air fry basket in a single layer at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes until the jalapeno is cooked and the bacon is crisp. Check after 10 minutes. The best way to get crispy poppers is by not overcrowding them. Remove toothpick before serving.
How Best to Serve Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
These perfect poppers are incredibly versatile and can be served in various ways. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Pair with other appetizers: This easy recipe makes a fantastic addition to a spread of appetizers. For a diverse and satisfying appetizer platter, try them alongside chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, nachos, guacamole, spinach artichoke dip, or stuffed mushrooms.
- Balance the heat: To balance out the heat of the jalapenos, consider serving them with a pineapple salad, coleslaw, or broccoli salad. These sides provide a refreshing contrast to the spiciness of the poppers.
Best Tips for Making Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers
For the best results with our easy air fryer jalapeno poppers, here are a few tips and tricks:
- Use gloves: When handling jalapenos, it's crucial to wear gloves and avoid touching your eyes or face. The oils from the peppers can cause a burning sensation if they come into contact with sensitive areas.
- Adjust the spice level: If you prefer your poppers spicier, leave some of the ribs and seeds in the spicy jalapenos when preparing them. For a milder option, remove all of the seeds and ribs.
- Pre-cook the bacon: For crispy bacon, pre-cook before wrapping it around the peppers. Nobody likes chewy bacon, and this extra step ensures your air fryer bacon will be perfectly crisp.
- Toothpicks for bacon wrapping: If you are adding bacon to your poppers, don't forget the toothpicks. They help secure the bacon in place while cooking, ensuring that your poppers come out looking and tasting great.
- Get creative: These poppers are highly customizable. Mix different ingredients to the cream cheese filling, such as diced green onions, minced garlic, bacon bits or herbs. You can also try using different cheese varieties, like cheddar cheese or pepper jack, to create unique flavor profiles.
How Best to Store Your Easy Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Storing your leftover jalapeno poppers is easy. Place any remaining poppers in an airtight container to keep them fresh. These poppers will stay good for up to 4 days stored in the refrigerator.
To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer at 350 F or in a conventional oven at 425 F for a few minutes until they're heated and crispy.
While it's best to enjoy these poppers fresh, you can freeze them for more extended storage. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag. Place them directly from the freezer into the air fryer or oven to reheat, adding a few extra minutes to ensure they're heated through.
Tools to Make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Dreo Air Fryer Pro Max - 6.8 qt large basket, big enough to fit a whole chicken inside. Max temperature of 450 degrees with great air circulation for maximum crispiness and reduced cook time.
Glass mixing bowls - 3-piece bowl set. Oven, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
Stainless Steel mixing bowls - set of 6, easy to clean and space-saving, as they "nest" inside one another when stored.
How to Cook Jalapeno Poppers in the oven
While the air fryer is our top choice for making these delicious poppers, you can also prepare them in the oven. Here's how:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the same steps for preparing the poppers outlined in the air fryer method.
- Place the stuffed jalapeno poppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a wire rack.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the poppers are heated.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
How long does it take to cook Jalapeno Poppers in an Air Fryer?
Cooking jalapeno poppers in an air fryer is a breeze, taking only 8 to 10 minutes.
At what temperature should I cook Jalapeno Poppers in an Air Fryer?
The optimal temperature for cooking jalapeno poppers in an air fryer is 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
What's the best sauce to dip Jalapeno Poppers in?
When it comes to dipping your air fryer bacon jalapeno poppers, the choices are plentiful. Some delectable options include Ranch dressing, Blue Cheese dressing, Honey Mustard, Sriracha Mayo, or Dill Cream Sauce.
Dill Cream Sauce Recipe
1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of Dijon or spiced mustard
½ teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
How do I clean Jalapenos for poppers?
First, ensure you're wearing gloves to protect your skin from the peppers' oils. Next, cut the jalapenos lengthwise, creating halves. Use a spoon to gently scoop the seeds and ribs from the pepper halves.
Can I make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare air fryer jalapeno poppers ahead of time. To do so, stuff and assemble the poppers, then store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking.
Can you cook Frozen Jalapeno Poppers in an Air Fryer?
Yes! If you find yourself short on time and have purchased frozen jalapeno poppers from your local grocery store, you can still enjoy them in no time with your air fryer. There's no need to thaw them. Place the frozen poppers directly into your air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook them for approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Fries - Crisp, delicious, comfort food, these homemade Air Fryer Chicken Fries are excellent for dipping into your favorite sauces. Honey mustard dipping sauce recipe included.
Keto Fried Chicken - Crispy, flavorful Keto Fried Chicken, breaded with almond flour and crushed pork rinds is a delicious and satisfying low carb dish.
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks - tasty snack that can be prepared and stored in the freezer! Any time you want a snack, just pop a few into the air fryer. If you are on a low carb diet, try our Keto Mozzarella Sticks recipe.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please help us out by leaving a quick review and star ★ rating below.
LET'S GET SOCIAL, you can follow Four Score Living on Pinterest. You can also leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of panko break crumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian herb blend (parsley, oregano, basil, rosemary)
- 4 slices of pre crisped bacon (optional)
- Slice jalapenos in half and remove the white flesh and seeds.
- Add the dry seasonings into the bread crumbs and mix until evenly dispersed. Spread bread crumbs onto a plate or shallow dish and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl or shallow dish, whisk eggs and set aside.
- Spoon cream cheese into each jalapeno half, do not overfill (approximately 2-3 teaspoons).
- Roll each stuffed jalapeno in the flour, then in the egg wash to coat. Immediately roll each jalapeno into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place stuffed and coated jalapeno poppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Do not crowd the poppers to allow the air to circulate around each one. This recipe is air fried in two batches with most air fryers.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, check poppers and cook for an additional 1-4 minutes to your desired level of crispness.
Optional: Wrap prepared bacon around each breaded jalapeno or omit the breading step and wrap prepared bacon around each cream cheese stuffed jalapeno*.
To prepare bacon, air fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes until crisp.
Once cooled, wrap each breaded or un-breaded* jalapeno popper in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Air fry in a single layer at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes until jalapeno is cooked and bacon is crisp. Check after 10 minutes. Do not crowd the poppers in the air fryer basket.
Do not overstuff jalapenos with the cream cheese.
Make sure each jalapeno is evenly coated in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
If using bacon, secure it with a toothpick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.