There’s nothing more satisfying than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. These keto almond butter cookies are packed with protein and lots of flavor. They’re dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo friendly too.
Do you love baking keto friendly chocolate chip recipes? You may also like my Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You can find more low carb sweets recipes in our keto desserts archive.
Keto Almond Butter Cookies
If you’re anything like me, enjoying the smell and taste of fresh baked cookies is an experience best described as nostalgic. Keto almond butter cookies are crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. They practically melt in your mouth.
These low carb cookies are made with both almond butter and almond flour, and a little vanilla extract brings out the succulent almond flavors. I like to add sugar-free dark chocolate chips to mine for added sweetness and texture.
Is almond butter keto?
Almond butter is a fantastic keto food! It’s low in carbs and high in healthy fat, and packs a punch of protein to keep you satiated and sustain your energy. Adding almond butter to baked goods gives them a naturally sweet flavor as well as the softest, most scrumptious texture.
Since almond butter has a naturally high oil content, you can use it in place of oil in many baking recipes.
Can you substitute almond butter for peanut butter in cookies?
Yes! Most natural almond butters have a similar texture to peanut butter. You can use it as a 1:1 substitute for peanut butter in just about any peanut butter cookie recipe.
Plus, since almonds are naturally sweeter than peanuts, you may be able to use less sweetener than you would in a peanut butter cookie recipe. It’s a keto win-win!
Do I have to use almond butter?
If you don’t want to use almond butter, or can’t can substitute any nut butter of your choice. Keep in mind that some nuts, like cashews, are higher in carbs and may not be ideal for keeping these almond flour cookies keto appropriate.
I recommend using a smooth textured nut butter for best results.
How to Make Keto Almond Butter Cookies
These keto cookies are super easy to make and only require a few simple steps.
- Add almond butter, almond flour, sweetener, vanilla, egg, and salt to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth and well combined.
- If desired, stir in sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Roll or drop cookies into 2-inch dough balls onto your cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Press down slightly, to flatten cookies.
- Bake as directed.
Tips for Making Cookies with Almond Flour
- Don’t over mix the batter. Stir gently until the ingredients are just combined. Otherwise, you may end up with dry cookies.
- Press down on the cookie dough balls before baking. Almond flour cookies don’t spread like cookies made with wheat flours, so you’ll want to add this step to get a traditional cookie shape.
- If adding chocolate chips, press a few extra morsels into the tops of your almond butter cookies before baking. You’ll end up with beautiful cookies that look almost as good as they taste.
- Keep in mind that most natural nut butters have some degree of oil separation. If you choose to use a natural nut butter in this keto cookie recipe, be sure to stir in the oil before adding it to the batter, for best results.
What kind of sweetener is best for keto cookies?
I recommend using a powdered sweetener like Swerve Confectioners. It’s similar to powdered sugar, so it gives these keto almond flour cookies a lovely texture.
Did you make these keto almond butter cookies? Don’t forget to come back and let us know how the recipe worked for you in a comment below.
Pin for later:
Nutrition Information: Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g