Keto Stir Fry is packed with chicken, vegetables, and Asian flavors. This meal is easy to make, low carb, and a perfect substitute for take out Chinese food.
KETO STIR FRY RECIPE
Making a keto chicken stir fry is a quick and simple way to get a low carb dinner on the table.
Kids love this meal, adults love it too, and everyone is excited when I make this low carb stir fry for dinner.
You'll combine chicken and vegetables with an Asian inspired sauce to create a classic keto stir fry.
Serve with cauliflower rice or Miracle noodles for a filling and satisfying meal.
INGREDIENTS IN KETO STIR FRY
Bone Broth - I use beef broth for this recipe, but chicken broth would work if that's what you have on hand.
Coconut Aminos - Similar to soy sauce, but with less carbs.
Xanthan Gum - This helps to thicken the sauce.
Chicken Breast - Slice your chicken thinly before cooking so that it cooks up quickly.
Garlic - Fresh minced garlic gives flavor to the sauce.
Onion Powder - All of the flavor of onion, but without the carbs.
Ginger Powder - Fresh ginger could be used, but I find that powdered ginger is easier to keep in my pantry.
Black Pepper - For a slight bit of heat.
Sesame Oil - This oil adds a warm, nutty flavor to the dish.
Broccoli - Cut your broccoli into bit size florets.
Bell Pepper - I use yellow peppers because I love the color, but red or orange would work here as well.
Green Onion - For mild onion flavor.
Cauliflower Rice or Miracle Noodles - Low carb options to serve with your stir fry.
Red Pepper Flakes - a beautiful garnish that adds a bit of heat.
Sesame Seeds - Garnish this dish with nutty, crunchy seeds.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE KETO STIR FRY
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine bone broth and coconut aminos. Mix well.
- Whisk xanthan gum into the mixture until dissolved. Set aside.
- Toss chicken with garlic, onion powder, ginger powder, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir fry chicken in oil until cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and stir fry vegetables until crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cook as directed until sauce is thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan and heat through. Serve with cauliflower rice or miracle noodles, garnished with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY KETO STIR FRY
A stir fry is really a simple dish to put together, but there can be a large number of ingredients.
The biggest trick I have for making this as simple as possible is to prep all of your ingredients ahead of time and have them ready to go before you start cooking.
Because a stir fry cooks so quickly in the pan, you won't have time to measure out spices or chop things up while you're cooking, so making sure that everything is measured, chopped, and waiting will make the actual stir frying process much more enjoyable.
CAN I MAKE BEEF OR SHRIMP KETO STIR FRY?
This recipe was created for a keto chicken stir fry, but the method can absolutely be adapted to use other meats or vegetables.
Beef, pork, or shrimp can be substituted for the chicken in this recipe. Cook the meat first until it's done and then remove it from the pan. Add it back in at the end to warm through.
OTHER LOW CARB VEGETABLES FOR STIR FRY
Broccoli and peppers are classic stir fry veggies, but you can use other vegetables in your keto stir fry. Keep in mind that some vegetables have more carbs than others, so that will change the nutritional values.
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Green Beans
- Bok Choy
- Spinach - added at the end of cooking.
- Carrots - in small amounts.
Our Favorite Kitchen Tools:
What's your favorite kitchen tool? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Did you make this Keto Stir Fry? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 3T coconut aminos
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 pound chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cauliflower rice or Miracle noodles
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large measuring cup, combine bone broth and coconut aminos. Mix well.
- Whisk xanthan gum into the mixture until dissolved; set aside.
- Toss chicken with garlic, onion powder, ginger powder, and pepper.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, stir-fry chicken in ½ tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan and heat through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or Miracle noodles, garnished with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- For a smooth cooking experience, prep all of your ingredients ahead of time and have them ready to go.
- Experiment with different vegetables or meats for a variety of delicious stir fries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 557Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 59g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.