Delicious on its own, or served on top of a unsweetened full-fat yogurt, this Chocolate Keto Granola is tasty and filling. You’ll never go back to oat or sugar filled granola once you’ve enjoyed a serving of this chocolaty, crunchy, sugar-free low carb granola. It’s an easy keto granola recipe that everyone will love.
For more recipes ideas check out my Keto Recipes archives.
My kids are spoiled with homemade breakfast items: muffins, donuts, granola, etc. And we make them a mix of paleo and keto breakfast options. We like making them homemade breakfasts so we know exactly what they are putting into their growing bodies.
I also try to sneak in healthy fats and protein, so they aren’t filling up on empty calories. We steer away from sugar as much as possible.
This keto granola is one of their favorites and it will be a favorite of yours too once you see how easy it is to make.
We love granola, but low carb granola can be hard to find, and quite expensive. With my husband and I trying to eat more Keto, I thought I’d make a Chocolate Keto Granola that everyone in our family can enjoy. It’s loaded with good, healthy ingredients and it’s something that we can all eat.
You can leave out the cocoa but the unsweetened cocoa adds depth to this keto granola recipe making it our favorite low carb granola.
Keto Granola Recipe
You can use a food processor or a blender to process the nuts in this keto granola recipe. We use a food processor, and process the nuts one at a time because we couldn’t fit them all into my small processor at once.
If you don’t like the nuts listed in this low carb granola recipe, feel free to mix it up and add nuts and seeds that you like.
I don’t recommend adding peanuts to this chocolate keto granola. They tend to grind into a paste quicker and they can burn easily. If you do add peanuts, consider adding them in after the granola cooks.
Ingredients in Chocolate Keto Granola
- raw almonds
- raw pecans
- raw pumpkin seeds
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- unsweetened cocoa
- coconut oil, melted
- sugar-free maple flavored syrup
- gluten-free vanilla extract
If needed, you can use another liquid sugar-free sweetener in this granola recipe in place of the maple flavored syrup.
You can purchase keto granola at the store or online but in my opinion, it’s more way expensive. Keep an eye on sales for nuts and seeds, stock up, and make homemade keto granola. It’s fresh, cheaper, and you can make it exactly the way you want it, with your favorite ingredients.
How to make Keto Granola
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Position the oven rack in center of oven. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add almonds, pecans, and pumpkin seeds to a food processor and process until they are small chunks, but not a nut-meal. If you don’t have a food processor large enough, you can process them one at a time.
- Add the processed nuts, coconut, and unsweetened cocoa to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar-free maple flavored syrup, vanilla, and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the nut mixture and mix until the nut mixture is well coated.
- Spread the granola evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until crispy and dry. Don not stir or mix while it’s baking.
- Allow to cool completely on the pan.
- Store low carb granola in a glass jar, or airtight container for up to two weeks. Makes 8-10 cups of granola.
For the list of ingredients in this keto granola recipe, please see the recipe card below.
This Chocolate Keto Granola is sweetened with sugar-free maple flavored syrup and lightly oiled with coconut oil, to help it crunch up. Don’t omit the salt, it really helps to bring out the flavors in the nuts, and the cocoa. I like to enjoy this low carb granola for breakfast, or in a trial-mix as an after workout snack.
Did you make this keto granola? Please leave a starred rating and a comment below letting me know what you thought!
A half cup of keto granola is approximatley 4g of net carbs, depending on the type of nuts you use. Some nuts are higher in natual sugars. Adding 1 cup coconut to the recipe increases the net carbs to 5. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 290 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 136mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 2g Protein: 7g
A half cup of keto granola is approximatley 4g of net carbs, depending on the type of nuts you use. Some nuts are higher in natual sugars.
Adding 1 cup coconut to the recipe increases the net carbs to 5.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.