Keto Protein Crepes that are low-carb, light, and perfect for making a high protein breakfast or snack.
These Keto Crepes only need three ingredients and are incredibly easy to make.
For more keto and low carb breakfast ideas please see my Keto Recipes.
This keto crepes recipe is extremely easy. It uses three ingredients: keto friendly protein powder, eggs, and dairy-free milk. That’s it. And this keto crepe recipe is hard to mess up.
The key is making sure you use a non-stick pan and lightly coat it with cooking spray. If you do that, you’re good to go.
You don’t have to use dairy-free milk in this keto crepe recipe. You can use regular milk, or your milk of choice. Just make sure it’s not full fat otherwise the low carb crepe batter will be too thick to spread.
I’ve filled these crepes crepes with ham and swiss cheese, I’ve filled them with nut butter, and I’ve filled them using fresh whipped cream and strawberries.
You can fill these keto crepes with your favorite ingredients, or make a wrap out of them.
They do have a slight vanilla flavor from the protein powder, but it’s not overwhelming, and savory fillings still taste incredible.
Low Carb Crepes
I love OWYN products. Their protein powders come in containers and travel size packets. I first made this recipe while traveling and instantly fell in love.
The individual packets were perfectly proportioned to make this recipe and they fit easily in my luggage.
The protein powder helps give these grain-free crepes a boost, and also helps to minimize the ingredients needed to make them.
And of course between the protein powder and the eggs you are getting a good amount of protein per grain-free crepe.
You can use your protein powder of choice when making these protein crepes.
Low Carb Protein Powders
Here are a few low carb and keto protein powders on the market. We find that the ones without collagen work best in this recipe.
Owyn – although it’s not listed as low carb, it’s pretty low in carbs.
Aloha – keto and plant based.
Keto Protein Vanilla
Use a plain or vanilla flavored low carb protein powder for best taste results.
Since most stores carry eggs and milk, you can make these low carb protein crepes anywhere! We love traveling to Europe and it’s hard to find keto or gluten-free crepes in most parts of the country.
With all of our travels, we’ve only found gluten-free crepes once (in the Swiss Alps). They weren’t low carb.
We’re definitely bringing protein powder with us for now on, to enjoy as a drink and to make these low carb crepes.
Whether you are living a gluten-free or keto lifestyle, these low carb crepes are for you. This keto crepe recipe makes 4 large Keto Crepes but the recipe can be doubled or tripled.
You can also store any leftover keto crepes in the refrigerator or freezer.
How to make keto crepes:
- Add eggs to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add milk.
- Add a keto friendly protein powder.
- Mix until no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray pan lightly with oil. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan.
- Swirl pan until the batter spreads.
- Cook until the underside of crepe is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes, then loosen the edges of the crepe with a rubber spatula then carefully flip. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until done.
- Transfer keto crepe to a plate and fill with your favorite ingredients and enjoy.
That’s it! Super easy.
You can store leftover low carb crepes in the refrigerator for up to three days or the freezer for up to three months.
These keto crepes release moisture as they cool – we recommend storing them with paper towels between each one, and reheating when your are ready to serve.
Ingredients in Keto Crepes
- Low carb protein powder (non collagen based)
- Milk (or dairy-free milk)
We usually make up 4 or 5 batches of these keto crepes at a time and place them in the refrigerator for a quick breakfast, or an after-school snack for my kids.
My kids don’t know that they’re made with protein powder. Making low carb crepes with protein powder is a great way to sneak in extra protein and vitamins without the extra carbs.
Top these low carb crepes with Keto Jam for a sweet treat.
These Keto Crepes have 4g. net carbs using OWYN protein powder and Flaxseed milk. This nutrition information does not include fillings.
Ingredients you’ll always find in our pantry:
Did you make these keto crepes? Please leave a starred review in the recipe card and a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1 scoop (35.7g) Keto Friendly Vanilla Protein Powder (or unflavored)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons dairy-free milk (or milk of choice)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray pan with olive oil or oil of choice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and swirl until the batter spreads.
- Cook until the underside of crepe is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the crepe with a rubber spatula then carefully flip. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until done.
- Fill with your favorite ingredients and enjoy.
These Keto Crepes have 4g. net carbs using OWYN protien powder and Flaxseed milk. This nutrition information does not include fillings.
You can use your preferred brand of plain or vanilla protein powder in this protein crepe recipe.
You can use your choice of milk in this recipe. Full fat milks tend to make the batter too thick to spread.
Double or triple the batch and freeze the extras for leftovers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.