Instant pot Keto Cauliflower Soup is a creamy, filling, delicious and low carb soup that you'll crave in cold months. You'll love how easy it is to make this comfort food staple.
INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SOUP
On cold days, there is often nothing better than a warm and comforting bowl of keto soup.
I love using the instant pot to make soups. The pressure cooker allows you to make a dish that tastes like you cooked it all day, in just a few minutes.
I also love using cauliflower in Keto recipes. Like in our Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, Cauliflower adds bulk to cauliflower keto soup and is a great substitution for starchy potatoes.
Keto Cauliflower Soup made in your Instant Pot is ready to eat in under 30 minutes with minimal cleanup.
You'll top your Instant Pot Keto Cauliflower soup with crispy bacon, creamy shredded cheese, and fresh green onions for extra flavor and texture.
INGREDIENTS IN INSTANT POT KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Bacon - top each bowl of this soup with crispy, salty bacon bits.
Yellow Onion - I like yellow onions for bold flavor in cooked dishes, but a white onion would work well here too.
Garlic - Onion and garlic create a savory base for this soup.
Cauliflower - The star of the soup, cauliflower adds bulk and thickness.
Stock - Either chicken stock or vegetable stock works for this soup.
Salt - Seasoning the soup well is important to the final flavor.
Pepper - For just a hint of heat.
Heavy Cream - A creamy soup needs heavy cream for a silky texture.
Cheddar Cheese - Shred your cheese to add to the soup before serving.
Scallions - Use the green and white parts to create another topping for the cauliflower soup.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
- Add chopped bacon to preheated pressure cooker and cook until crispy. Set bacon aside.
- Add onion to the pot and cook until starting to soften, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add Cauliflower, stock, salt, and pepper to the pot. Pressure cook as directed in recipe.
- Carefully puree the soup using a standard or immersion blender and return to pot. Add in half of the cheese and cream to finish the soup.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
CAN I MAKE CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITHOUT A BLENDER?
If you don't have a blender available, don't worry! You can make this recipe, but it will be more chunky and less smooth. Use a potato masher to break up the cauliflower florets after cooking them in the Instant Pot.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP
I enjoy a bowl of this cauliflower keto soup all on its own, but have served it with rolls for an even more filling and satisfying meal.
Try our recipe for Keto Rolls and your family will eat them right up, dipping them in the soup.
Something sweet, like our Keto Peanut Butter Fudge would be an amazing treat after your soup is gone too.
IS CAULIFLOWER SOUP KETO?
Like many keto recipes, cauliflower here replaces starchy potatoes to create a creamy and delicious keto soup. Each serving of this recipe has 10 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of fiber, ending in 5 grams net carbs per serving.
Enjoy keto cauliflower soup as your lunch or dinner any day while following a keto diet, it fits.
CAN I REHEAT KETO CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP?
I suggest serving this soup immediately after cooking for best results, but if needed you can cool and refrigerate for up to three days. Reheat on the stove at low heat and serve with toppings.
Did you make this Instant Pot Keto Cauliflower Soup? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 ½ pounds cauliflower (about half of a medium-sized head), cut into florets
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded white cheddar, divided
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- Turn pressure cooker on, press “Sauté”, and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate and set aside to top the soup later.
- Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Press “Cancel” to stop sautéing.
- Add the cauliflower, stock, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 3 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Carefully puree the soup using an immersion blender (or transfer it to a regular blender and puree). Set the pot to “Warm” and stir in half the cheese until melted, reserving the other half for topping. Stir in the cream. Press “Cancel” to turn off the pot.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each with crisped bacon, cheese, and scallion.
- Serve soup immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days and reheat later, adding garnishes in just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 769mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g
The nutrition information for this recipe is an approximate total per serving. Please double check the nutrition information for your exact ingredients and brands.